Diesel Place banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Could someone tell me what the difference is between the two different part numbers listed for the terminal connectors required for the high idle install.(GM12084913 & GM12084912) Will I have to order both types or can you tell the difference by looking at them? I have a 2001 Chev 2500HD D/A. I'm hoping to hook up a high idle setup through the brake light switch if this can be done with a 2001. Any additional parts required for this type of install?

Thanks in advance!!!

Happy Holidays

·
Registered
233 Posts
MICKD

I find with mine (2001) I have to wait for the amp meter to return to 14+V to activate the higher RPM levels. Due to the cold weather lately this can sometimes take 1-2 minutes for the intake heater to shut off and lessen the draw to the batteries. It doesn't matter how many times I press the button to rev up the RPM's nothing happens until the amp draw returns to normal. The only level available to me when the truck is cold is the 950RPM (SET). Not sure if this is the same for 03's, but give it a try.

·
Registered
233 Posts
srode said:
What RPM does the high idle set up run the motor at?

Depends on the year of the truck. A 2001 model will have 3 settings (950RPM, 1250RPM, 1750RPM). I think the 03's and 04's have 2 settings.(1250 RPM and 1750RPM ), and apparently variations can be programmed with a Tech2 if you want something different. ie lower or higher RPM's
Edited by: TC Dmax

·
Registered
233 Posts
Dutch

I would certainly get a second opinion on that. For reference have a look at Kennedy's Tech Tips Item #4. I did not have to have my idle speeds adjusted as I have an 01 but agree with you that 1250 RPM(especially when cold) is a bit too fast to start with. On mine I can't increase the RPM's>950 anyway until the AMP guage returns to ~14V.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts