Diesel Place banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes I know what the he!! do I need high idle living in Southern California.

After I reflash the ECM the High idle in the DIC is always reset to "off". I do have the autoclear DTC's at the end of reflash turned on as well as B2401 set to enable. I've even set the High Idle to 'ON' and re-downloaded the ECM to the pc and then uploaded it with no success. Is there a way to keep the high idle enabled after a reflash?

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Same here, I've notcied that as well. Must be something in the software that they could fix. Your right the next morning it is colder than who nows what that fast idle would sure be nice to work after a refalsh.

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
Mine won't turn back on? And I haven't had a chance to hook Efi up to it.

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
lakingslayer;1575521; said:
Yes I know what the he!! do I need high idle living in Southern California.

After I reflash the ECM the High idle in the DIC is always reset to "off". I do have the autoclear DTC's at the end of reflash turned on as well as B2401 set to enable. I've even set the High Idle to 'ON' and re-downloaded the ECM to the pc and then uploaded it with no success. Is there a way to keep the high idle enabled after a reflash?
I would suspect not. To reflash the ECM we need to use the same area of RAM as the ECM's 'remembered' settings to transfer the new data in to whilst the programming is happening. The ECM will reset all the RAM to default settings once it is reset, we cannot control that process.

Cheers,
Ross

·
Registered
4,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Flashscan;1576578; said:
I would suspect not. To reflash the ECM we need to use the same area of RAM as the ECM's 'remembered' settings to transfer the new data in to whilst the programming is happening. The ECM will reset all the RAM to default settings once it is reset, we cannot control that process.

Cheers,
Ross
Ross,

So the High Idle portion of the DIC is hooked into the ECM unlike things like the Curb View Assist and Alarm Warning type etc., or is all that stored in the ECM as well?

TIA.

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
Mine did work before, and the message came across the DIC once, that it turned on, but she just doesn't kick up in speed, and I can't get it to say whether it's on or off now. Also why would the tcm make a difference in the high idle?

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Kappa9012;1577986; said:
Mine did work before, and the message came across the DIC once, that it turned on, but she just doesn't kick up in speed, and I can't get it to say whether it's on or off now. Also why would the tcm make a difference in the high idle?

Yes you have to have an 01 OS that supports high idel. There is one in the tune repository..

·
Registered
4,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
turbo lcc;1578158; said:
Yes you have to have an 01 OS that supports high idel. There is one in the tune repository..
That is the one I'm using. It does work.

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
huh, didn't know that. I guess I'll be doing my first full reflash.
anything to watch out for?

·
Registered
4,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Kappa9012;1580218; said:
huh, didn't know that. I guess I'll be doing my first full reflash.
anything to watch out for?
It pretty much ran smooth like downloading a tune. Just don't be surprised it it takes longer since you are doing a full reflash unlike tunes which are partial reflashes. Make sure you backup your old OS first also.

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
cool thanks.

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
Thanks for explaining that Ross, I always wondered why that happened.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts