Diesel Place banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im installing my Ramsey RE12000 winch. Its a pain to work with but I love this thing to death. I want this to be a hidden winch on my factory bumper. Anyone got any pics of the fairing removed? I might need this space for the install, but if its ugly then I wont remove it.

I don't want some overstated, gaudy aftermarket brute bumper to house my winch, but I want my winch installed. I like the strong, subtle look. The only thing I want shown is the fairlead. I dont want the whole winch hanging off the front (like a receiver type) because it just adds to an already long truck.

Any pics that you could share, or ideas that are workable?

Cheers.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Warn makes a mount for between the rails, not sure if it would be interchangable with the Ramsey, but perhaps it could be after a little fab.

I thought about doing on my last truck, but then got comfortable with the idea that I was going to buy my new truck soon so I just kept my winch on the multimount system. I see a lot of the 00-07 body style Tahoes and Suburbans with them. Just saw one yesterday. Valence stays, all that you see is the fairlead sticking out.

Here's a link to a pic on the Warn site.
http://www.warn.com/truck/mounting-systems/hiddenkit_for_heavyduty.shtml

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the responses. I know the warn system willnot work with the Ramsey winch I have, which is fine. I can fab something up. I was crawling under the front of the truck tonight and Im confident its doable. I love the fact that the frame rails are wide - it offers a lot of wiggle room for clearances, etc. Ive done this same install in a 60 and an 80 series landcruiser and wow was it tight. Thanks for the links to the UA series that Petersen did.

If anyone else has ever taken a pic of their truck minus the bumper or/and fairing, please post.

Cheers.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.