Diesel Place banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While lurking for quite a few months soaking up the knowledge I have never introduced myself. I currently own a 2004 2500HD D/A EC and love the truck. I pull a 37' 5th wheel (model in my sig). Found out that I was close on some weights and want the extra confort level of a DRW so I placed the order on 1/17 and haven't slept since.

This site is a great wealth of information and the memebers are what make that. Keep up the great job and I hope to contribute where I can.

Regards,
Barry

·
Registered
2,642 Posts
:rolleyes: :) :eek:: :D :mad: :p: ;) :cool: :confused: :angel: :banghead: :anitoof: :bawl: :confuzeld :bounce: :cool_shad :duh: :gr_grin: :evillol: :idea: :think: :smoke2: :uhoh2: :pig:​

(all together) HI BARRY!

We'll try to help you get through this Barry, but you should know something up front. While we may be able to suppress this condition (unlikely), there is no cure! But we're pullin' for ya, we're all in this together.

Good to have you in the brother (and sister)hood. When you get your new rig, don't forget to update your signature showing your truck options and modifications so users can help you easier. Also, post pics of your new rig in your "Garage". You will also be eligible to join the 3500 Dually Club. Follow the link in my sig to request membership.
:welcome:

·
Registered
16,973 Posts
From the staff:

Welcome to the Diesel Place.

I think you will find this site to have tons of information and knowledgeable people that will help you along the way. Please do not hesitate to ask any questions. Also, try the search feature as many have asked the questions that you need answers to. It will be your friend. Thanks for joining up, we are happy to have you and most of all, Enjoy..

You can use the USER CP to add your signature to your profile. Take some time and look over the USER CP section as it contains all the necessary sections to personalize your account.

Always remember we have many sections, so please read each section before posting to ensure you are placing your thread in the right location which will also ensure that you get the proper responses and that your thread will not have to be moved. This gets you answers quick and helps out the moderators here on the site.

Once again I would like to welcome you to the Diesel Place.

GMC2500HD
MOD

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
STPETEBLUE,

Thanks for the welcoming, I look forward to joining the club as soon as she comes in. Howard was making some calls for me to see if anything could be done with getting her built sooner. :)

·
Registered
4,850 Posts
First of all, welcome!

Your 350fwbhs has a dry weight of 9,635 lbs. Your 2500 would pull that safely with absolutely no problem. True, there will be less sway with the DRW, but come on and admit, you really just wanted a new 2006 LBZ, didn't you?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
First of all, welcome!

Your 350fwbhs has a dry weight of 9,635 lbs. Your 2500 would pull that safely with absolutely no problem. True, there will be less sway with the DRW, but come on and admit, you really just wanted a new 2006 LBZ, didn't you?
Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh... Hope my wife don't read this.. :) It does have a dry weight of what you state, but has a hitch weight of 2400 pounds. My truck with 2/3 tank of fuel weights 6870, that alone would put me over the 9200 GVR. That's without the hitch (removed for winter), DW, 2 kids, firewood and other misc items in the truck. While not crazy over my GVR it would still be over.. That's my story and I'm sticking to it ):h. The truck itself yanks the camper around pretty well and I'm under my towing capacity by a few thousand. I want to take some longer trips away (Fort Wilderness, etc.) and the DRW gives me piece of mine.

·
Registered
2,642 Posts
STPETEBLUE,

Thanks for the welcoming, I look forward to joining the club as soon as she comes in. Howard was making some calls for me to see if anything could be done with getting her built sooner. :)
I'd petition membership now. Hmmm, Deep Blue Metallic. I like it!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
WoooHooo! Thanks!

·
Registered
383 Posts
Yep send in your petition now cause it usually takes him a little while to assign numbers. I think he waits until the request build up a little so he don't have to do it every day.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts