Diesel Place banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well, new member here. i have seen people talk about this site in other places, but now i can officially get to be a member beings that i am the proud new owner if a '04 chevy cc/swb 2500 dmax. well, hope to get to know yall and learn all i can about my truck. it is my first diesel, but i know everybody says once you go diesel, you dont go back. i hope that is true. any input on my truck or info that i should learn, please let me know. thanks

matt

·
Registered
600 Posts
LB7 or LLY ?

well, new member here. i have seen people talk about this site in other places, but now i can officially get to be a member beings that i am the proud new owner if a '04 chevy cc/swb 2500 dmax. well, hope to get to know yall and learn all i can about my truck. it is my first diesel, but i know everybody says once you go diesel, you dont go back. i hope that is true. any input on my truck or info that i should learn, please let me know. thanks

matt
Welcome Matt, I love my 04 is your DMAX an LLY or an LB7?

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
LB7 i am pretty sure

·
Registered
600 Posts
LB7 i am pretty sure
Here is how you can tell...

LB7 = GM's RPO code for the Duramax Diesel used in trucks from 2001 to 2004.5 To verify which Engine you have you can look at the 8th digit of the VIN. If it is a 1 you have an LB7

LLY = GM's RPO code for the 2nd generation Duramax Diesel used in trucks from 2004.5 up until 2006.5 8th Digit of the VIN will be a 2. Note: There are 2 generations of the LLY. The 2004.5 trucks and 2005 trucks are a first generation and the 2006 model years are a 2nd generation which are more closely related to the LBZ.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
LB7 then. i just checked last night.

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
:welcome:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts