Diesel Place banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to know some signs of injector issues i am headed down to oklahoma in a 3 weeks and want everything to be peachy.....

·
Registered
473 Posts
First thing to do, is do a search for injectors. You will find plenty of information. Your question has been asked many times.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Mine going in for injectors today. I only noticed the smoke at idle getting progressively worse. Kind of grayish blue in color. Your oil lever may begin the rise also if fuel is getting past the rings and into the crank case. My failure didn't seem to be as extreme as some but the dealer had know problem detecting when it was scanned. If your concerned get it scanned and buy some peace of mind. Good luck.

·
Registered
535 Posts
Mine going in for injectors today. I only noticed the smoke at idle getting progressively worse. Kind of grayish blue in color. Your oil lever may begin the rise also if fuel is getting past the rings and into the crank case. My failure didn't seem to be as extreme as some but the dealer had know problem detecting when it was scanned. If your concerned get it scanned and buy some peace of mind. Good luck.
The "oil in crankcase" problem is not from fuel getting past the rings.
As I understand it this is from a cracked injector body. The fuel leaks into the head/rocker arm area and flows down into the crankcase.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
The "oil in crankcase" problem is not from fuel getting past the rings.
As I understand it this is from a cracked injector body. The fuel leaks into the head/rocker arm area and flows down into the crankcase.
My mistake, although I prefer "oil in the crank case" to fuel anytime. LOL

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
Rough idle.
Loose or cracked fuel lines under the valve covers will also dump fuel into the crank.

·
Registered
535 Posts
My mistake, although I prefer "oil in the crank case" to fuel anytime. LOL
Oops... I guess I really did say that!

What I meant was..... well, you know.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Had mine changed 4 times in 2 years. I drive well over 120,000 miles per year. You will notice excessive blue smoke from exhaust. Worst case scenerio as happened to me once.....Excessive smell of diesel.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Had mine changed 4 times in 2 years. I drive well over 120,000 miles per year. You will notice excessive blue smoke from exhaust. Worst case scenerio as happened to me once.....Excessive smell of diesel.
If you put that many miles on per year, what is the most miles you got out of a truck? Are you only running Duramax's?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts