Diesel Place banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So how is she running? gotten to open her up a little yet? I am sure after 1000 Km you should be able to put the boost at 25psi and put the pedal down closer to the carpet.

GIVE US SOME JUICE MAN, HOWS SHE RUNNING!! Need video soon too, thanks.

·
Registered
3,598 Posts
I was wondering how long you could hold out.

Seems to be running good. I only have about 250 km's on it so far. Tweaked the boost this morning a little. Cruising @ 110 km/hr boost is about 5-6 psi, 1/4 throttle at that speed and boost will hit 12 rather quickly, matter of fact 1/4 throttle is about all i need to get up and go. The holset doesn't sing anymore than my GM-8 at those boost pressures and it's very difficult to here it out the exhaust as the engine is just friggen loud with the hi-pops and gear set, i have alot of injector rattle too, sounds like a ole 671. The only tire spin i've had has been on the snow.

I had a fuel leak to contend with as the valley was gettin full, simple fix on the inlet to the IP. I was busy putting in a dual hi-idle today, rear window chevy stickers and wanted to get rid of the glow plug timer but didn't.

New chrome wheels and 33" rubber will be in tomorrow but i can't put them on until the rest of my lift kit arrives and that gets installed.

I"ve gone through 2 oil filters in 45 km's and a complete oil change and filter with only around 85 km's, all through a new oil cooler that DAS neglected to change on the first go around.

I'm taking it easy but i'm having a real hard time convincing my right foot to do that. While i've been driving with the scanner runnning i don't think i've seen the fuel rate above 40^mm.

My muffler is still on also, been there since the holiday's as i didn't think anyone would appreciate the noise on the holiday, i have the replacement pipe that goes in its place, just gotta :grd:

OH 1 more thing.... i picked up some real nice neon yellow, orange and green paint.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts