Diesel Place banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have rough idle and smoke, I`m thinking injector stuck. I called Fox Chevy today and they said it would be a month before they could get me in. I don`t think my truck will last that long, I use it for work everyday.

Is there any way to get to it sooner or do you know of a GOOD dealer I can go to? I have a list of dealers I will never go to again and a few that almost came out and said they did not want anything to do w/ a diesel.

Thanks,Wayne

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
Which Fox did you call? I work in timonium.... 410-666-6300, ask for Chris Murray, tell him Tyler told you to call and set a time up to get it checked out, this week I am about done. I work this saturday (1/21) if you just want to run up and I check the injector rates real quick.

·
Bac To The Future
23,008 Posts
Tyler, when did you buy the 2006? LS or one of the LTs? How do you like it?

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
I got a LT2 extended/shortbed. Sunroof and so on, pretty much everything short of leather and the dual alternators.

Love the truck, runs really well, so far have some 285 Firestone Destination MT's, 5" Summit exhaust and some gauges installed, waiting for some programmers and boxes to be worked out now.

·
Bac To The Future
23,008 Posts
Wonderful! Congrats! Now make up a garage so the rest of us can be jealous! :lol:

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I just wanted to let everyone know what a great job Tyler ( cobra) did on my truck. I called his dealer ,Fox Chevrolet in Timonium, Md, on Jan. 18. They checked the truck on the 21st, bad injector. I took the truck back on Mon. night the 24th and picked it up wed. morning the 25th.:D

Tyler replaced 8 injectors and the waterpump, also changed the oil and fuel filter

Only downside is they did me a favor by working on my GMC, but if you need work on a Chevy go see Tyler.

Wayne

1 - 9 of 9 Posts