Diesel Place banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
dmaxalliTech -

What do you mean by 3800K? 3800 kilometers? 3 million, 800 hundred thousand miles? Just curious how many miles you were trying to indicate...

....certainly not easy to get to......!

·
Registered
520 Posts
3800 miles I would guess.

·
Registered
692 Posts
i had one a couple of weeks ago remembering me post it had 3900 miles pump failed or was leaking out of the rotor pump...Eric gan you get the pump out from ther with out removing the water cross over ...if not which I am sure you have figured the trick let me know ill go over it with you...patrick....

·
Registered
199 Posts
Dmaxallitech, how about more info on the symptoms of the problem associated with the pump failure.

Also would like to say thanks to all the techs who post on this site, the information and feedback that is provided is invaluable.

Corsair.

·
Registered
570 Posts
kool, nice to see your back any new info comming down the line?

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Eric, where is the fuel pump on the new LLY? We have been under the hood on my son's new LLY looking to see what has changed. We plan to install an engine mounted filter. Tracing the lines from the OEM filter they look like to go to the vacuum test fitting and then to the back of the engine. Did you get a good look see? Thanks. Later! Frank

·
Registered
43 Posts
hey voodoo..theres alot of things happing around the plant now..we have 2 more contracts above GM's contract, which means we have 2 new style engines coming out, and thats about all the info i plan on giving out for now:)

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Hey kool,

Nice to see you've re-surfaced, thought maybe you'd given up on us or something.....

I'm not biting on the new stuff, I already did the LLY thing so I'm not even looking for awhile now....

·
Registered
926 Posts
I am kind of happy I went with the 04' LB7... it seems like all the bugs have been worked out on it... just a little juice/attitude I am getting in a couple of days and I won't even bother worrying if I have the LB7 or lly.

Dan

·
Registered
31 Posts
StraitDiesel...

I've got the 04 LB7 too, and I think the only thing we are going to miss is that big rig turbo whine....must be cool to hear it when going down the road. Of course, I understand all the improvements, extra Hp and torquethe LLY has...but I believe it is all irrelevant. I have been thinking of doing chip thing...up horsepower and torque. I believe Banks has the slickest smartchip out there. Just my $.02.

·
Registered
926 Posts
Jeff1,

When I get into mine, I hear a nice turbo whine and everything is completely stock (so far) like I said before, I just ordered the edge/attitude... looking at numerous dyno figures and charts, the edge/attitude produces a much better hp/torque curve in my opinion... I don't like how the banks six gun torque just completely drops off the edge of the earth, and from what I hear from people that run it in their trucks, it does just that! As far as towing, it seems like the edge will produce a smoother, stronger run and cruise. Also, if you read about all the features of the attitude monitor, you don't need to install guages and what not... it basically tells you everything that is going on with your truck.

DanEdited by: StraitDiesel

·
Registered
31 Posts
StraitDiesel,

I'll check out the edge/attitude. I'm not ready to get the chip yet, just bought a shell for my truck and a secondary fuel filter system. The wife has been pretty cool up to now. I can see the chip in my future, though.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts