Diesel Place banner

41 - 55 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
3.42 diesel
3.73 gas

Reports are it will have more than 30,000 Lbs towing also!!!! Looks like 4.10 gear ratio option will be returning finally to the HD Duramax lineup.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I will answer the best I can. There is a lot info not released yet so I can't answer all questions.

The invisible trailer function only works on tag trailers in lengths less than you mentioned. All of the other views will work with fifth/gn and longer tag trailers. The trailer cameras are corded and the harness is really long. I have used them on some 40+ ft long GN and 5th wheels with extra cable remaining.

Not sure on mirrors. There are many versions with manual and/or power fold and extend.

Check out the light duty interior for questions on interior. The phone charger has moved and is larger.

The bed rail height is the same as current gen truck even though the truck is taller. The beds are longer as well. 8ft bed is once longer and i believe standard box is 3 inch longer.

Any word if 35 inch tires will fit on the truck? Since it's taller and all.

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
I'm with you, Rambo; GM should have fired Ed Welburn after the Aztek fiasco. These trucks are butt ugly. Even the tailgate. How do you screw up a tailgate? Well, they managed to. They may be the most technologically advanced rigs on the road, but the styling is horrific. My 2007.5 is going to have to last until the NEXT restyling.

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
The new 18 and 20 inch tire sizes are 275/65r20 and 275/70r18.

I'm sure you guys will figure out how tall you can go. Generally we are pretty conservative in size because we have to design for tire chain clearance.

[Any word if 35 inch tires will fit on the truck? Since it's taller and all.[/QUOTE]

Reactions: cdog

·
Registered
358 Posts

·
Registered
677 Posts
Are we finally gonna get some nice 20" polished aluminum wheels for the dually? and power running boards like everyone else.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I will answer the best I can. There is a lot info not released yet so I can't answer all questions.

The invisible trailer function only works on tag trailers in lengths less than you mentioned. All of the other views will work with fifth/gn and longer tag trailers. The trailer cameras are corded and the harness is really long. I have used them on some 40+ ft long GN and 5th wheels with extra cable remaining.

Not sure on mirrors. There are many versions with manual and/or power fold and extend.

Check out the light duty interior for questions on interior. The phone charger has moved and is larger.

The bed rail height is the same as current gen truck even though the truck is taller. The beds are longer as well. 8ft bed is once longer and i believe standard box is 3 inch longer.
MTU Alum, Thanks for more feedback. So with the Denali 2020, I know it should come with power mirrors, The gooseneck is a thing I would make sure. as you suggested I have done a heck of a lot of research by looking at various photos and videos which have answered many questions. I do see the cell phone charging pad. I also looked in detail of all of the other questions. Since the reveal, I know now the weights and dimensions. i love the relocate of the DPF fill location. Again you say the cameras are hard wired? So to say then the rear camera is mounted above the back of said trailer and a possible another that is in the trailer, and are there side cameras for the trailer? Can option be for additional cameras for the side of my trailer? I understand that there is originally 12 views, your saying the "See thru trailer" is not usable with a long trailer that would leave 11 other views fully functionable? I know you have cameras on the truck mirrors, grill and tail gate and I understand also the top rear stop lamp on the cab. Will the cables have quick disconnects that can be mounted on the truck bed and the cables wired into the trailer for a permanent mounting system? Will the interconnect cable (Hope its quick disconnect) are a coiled type cable? Will the screen be able to magnify by the use of 2 fingers to bring up closer look to the camera views? to use as parking and close quarter areas?

New question was we are about 80% sure we will get a 2020 Denali. What will be the earliest date to special order from a GMC dealer? Will we have to wait till they get the initial batch of build off the line? Maybe when it gets closer you would be able to help us order the Denali with the things we want. I am hoping to see a typical build sheet as well as typical packages to order.

Thank You
Chuck

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
The trailer cameras have cables that are coax (smaller diameter than the coax in your house). The reason for coax cable is the need HD resolution and no delays in feedback from cameras to provide accurate viewing. You can plug in up to two cameras. Most people must them at rear of trailer and inside trailer to check cargo. You put one in another spot on exterior but remember you will have a cable running to it. You plug the cameras into connections right next to your seven way connection. The invisible trailer function will not work with gooseneck trailer no matter the length. This means you will have one less view. The rest of views work with GN. I haven't seen anybody zoom in with any of these systems.

You probably need to talk to your dealer about when you can order. I think duallys will be fall or late in year release for start of production. Crew cab short models are first in line and there is a cadence for rest of models. I can help with the option codes for an order if you like. I think once you check Denali you get must options except sunroof and a few other things.

MTU Alum, Thanks for more feedback. So with the Denali 2020, I know it should come with power mirrors, The gooseneck is a thing I would make sure. as you suggested I have done a heck of a lot of research by looking at various photos and videos which have answered many questions. I do see the cell phone charging pad. I also looked in detail of all of the other questions. Since the reveal, I know now the weights and dimensions. i love the relocate of the DPF fill location. Again you say the cameras are hard wired? So to say then the rear camera is mounted above the back of said trailer and a possible another that is in the trailer, and are there side cameras for the trailer? Can option be for additional cameras for the side of my trailer? I understand that there is originally 12 views, your saying the "See thru trailer" is not usable with a long trailer that would leave 11 other views fully functionable? I know you have cameras on the truck mirrors, grill and tail gate and I understand also the top rear stop lamp on the cab. Will the cables have quick disconnects that can be mounted on the truck bed and the cables wired into the trailer for a permanent mounting system? Will the interconnect cable (Hope its quick disconnect) are a coiled type cable? Will the screen be able to magnify by the use of 2 fingers to bring up closer look to the camera views? to use as parking and close quarter areas?

New question was we are about 80% sure we will get a 2020 Denali. What will be the earliest date to special order from a GMC dealer? Will we have to wait till they get the initial batch of build off the line? Maybe when it gets closer you would be able to help us order the Denali with the things we want. I am hoping to see a typical build sheet as well as typical packages to order.

Thank You
Chuck

·
Registered
44 Posts
The trailer cameras have cables that are coax (smaller diameter than the coax in your house). The reason for coax cable is the need HD resolution and no delays in feedback from cameras to provide accurate viewing. You can plug in up to two cameras. Most people must them at rear of trailer and inside trailer to check cargo. You put one in another spot on exterior but remember you will have a cable running to it. You plug the cameras into connections right next to your seven way connection. The invisible trailer function will not work with gooseneck trailer no matter the length. This means you will have one less view. The rest of views work with GN. I haven't seen anybody zoom in with any of these systems.

You probably need to talk to your dealer about when you can order. I think duallys will be fall or late in year release for start of production. Crew cab short models are first in line and there is a cadence for rest of models. I can help with the option codes for an order if you like. I think once you check Denali you get must options except sunroof and a few other things.

MTU alum I thought the power sliding roof came std with the Denali and yes I love the power sliding roof as well as the power heated rear slider. I do wish the power up and down would be added to the passenger window from the drivers controls. On the cameras so there is only 2 cameras that can be used. I have a 48 foot GN, and I know one will be at the back for sure. more than likely have a interior camera. I am also hoping the birds eye view will work? the see thru really isn't needed but its cool. The rear camera does it have a concave view.. or is it a standard view. Many cameras today have a concave view I have the GM Rostra system. With such a long trailer the normal mirror cams its hard to see the back sides of the longer trailers. But with the birds eye view... I am hoping it shows my entire 48 foot trailer and some distance behind it. The reason is used for lane changes. People like to camp in the blind spot and wont move when your trying to change lanes. Hence the reason to add cameras as well as increasing closer views. ([email protected]) if you happen to have some picture views?? Yes I know things that can and cannot be released.

On the coax system... lets say I ordered a camper wiring in the bed, Will the coax connectors be in the bed? (If I remember correct the drivers side at the rear of the bed) . Will there be a need for 12 volt power to power the cameras or will the coax provide power, video and sound for each camera? Its nice to hear that it will be HD display. On the display, how many panes will one be able to display for the trailer and IF you want to switch to a view can you tap the screen to have a full screen view of the tap selection? Will the screen view be able to record the view to be able to down load if a accident occurs?

Will there be a "Text to voice" and voice to text" ability? Now this is and would be a very heavy deciding factor for us! Have there been or will there be any improvements to Android auto phone program and additions?

Thanks

Chuck

Yes I will contact you when it becomes time to order. I'm sure you have advance view into order and package options for the best bang for the buck on a Denali.

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
There is a split camera view that will show the length of your trailer and show people in your blind spot. The view bias changes if you have your turn signal on.

The current only camera plugs are in the bumper but agree they need to be in bed for factory GN.

There are updates every model year to offer new features to integrate your phone to truck. I'm not an expert in that area to know all the options that are new. I have been using android auto on the truck I'm driving.

·
Registered
663 Posts
"The current only camera plugs are in the bumper but agree they need to be in bed for factory GN."

It is my understanding the coax has to be installed on the trailer. If so why not just drop the coax cables down near the tailgate to plug into the factory connection at the bumper?

·
Registered
44 Posts
"The current only camera plugs are in the bumper but agree they need to be in bed for factory GN."

It is my understanding the coax has to be installed on the trailer. If so why not just drop the coax cables down near the tailgate to plug into the factory connection at the bumper?
Thanks Lavarock But have a tangle of cables on the back of the truck. For a GN the cables will from photo's I have seen are on the back passenger side corner??? Adding the coax to the trailer is a given and no problems. But now you have 2 locations for cables to get tangled in. Besides now the possibility of the cables rubbing the back tailgate with the wind moving the cables for both cameras Maybe you know the next question. Is it possible to have a side mount cameras that can be placed on the sides of the trailer. I am speaking out of mind thoughts as I have not seen the actual up close view on the radio screen. I am thinking of while backing and close to objects like a bollard in gas stations and close wall or even vehicles in close quarters.
Another question when backing the rear camera becomes the center view on the display as it then shuts off the other cameras for close up views. Is there a software change to shut down the tail gate camera every time you reverse such as a pull up and reverse a trailer while hooked up to the gn / 5th??? There is a need to make it user select and maintain that selection until the task is competed?

Thanks
Chuck

41 - 55 of 55 Posts