Attachments

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
100X better than its Chevy "twin"!

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
I would have to disagree. The trim around that grill and the mish mash of trim pieces that are all sized differently looks like a mess.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Reports are it will have more than 30,000 Lbs towing also!!!! Looks like 4.10 gear ratio option will be returning finally to the HD Duramax lineup.
With the introduction of the 10 speed Allison, you may not need 4:10 gears. My thought for a while has been to create an automatic that has a deep first gear (granny gear) that is activated only in Tow Mode. If this is the case, the you will not need 4:10, the deep low will get the load moving. This is just a guess, I have no information...unfortunately!

·
Registered
9,606 Posts
10 speed might not even need TH the gears will be close enough together. I would rather have 410s and a taller OD to take some strain off the trans. 30k is a lot for a pickup

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: johnH123

·
Registered
1,262 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
10 speed might not even need TH the gears will be close enough together. I would rather have 410s and a taller OD to take some strain off the trans. 30k is a lot for a pickup

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Last I looked TH mode does more than change shift points. It also raises line pressure so that the clutches don't get burned because of the heavy load- they have more clamping force to hold the load.

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
This is pretty much the only feature listed that excites me,

* Tow/Haul mode that remains engaged on the next key-on cycle, for up to four hours; includes a reminder the feature is engaged

·
Registered
940 Posts
This is pretty much the only feature listed that excites me,

* Tow/Haul mode that remains engaged on the next key-on cycle, for up to four hours; includes a reminder the feature is engaged
:agreed::thumb::thumb:

Reactions: BanksLB7Duramax

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Sooooo, the DEF tank is no longer hanging below the passenger door? God awful design!

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Sooooo, the DEF tank is no longer hanging below the passenger door? God awful design!
I agree, it is stupid that they moved it. I wish they would’ve left it under the passenger door. Now it’s going to be stuck up in the frame somewhere and make getting at stuff harder, and taking up space for things like compressors and tanks and inverter boxes.

·
Registered
677 Posts
Well you can put your compressors and tanks under the passenger door if its that big of a deal. It needed to be moved.

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Well you can put your compressors and tanks under the passenger door if its that big of a deal. It needed to be moved.
Where they will be sprayed with salt and slush all winter long?? That’s ok, I’d rather have them safe and tucked up between the frame rails where they stay dry.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Towing the big boat is a dumb publicity stunt, BUT it is a pretty great walk around!!
RELOCATED DEF TANK AND FILLER!!!!
I wonder if we can retrofit this design to say the 15.5-16's.may have to look under one and see.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Where they will be sprayed with salt and slush all winter long?? That’s ok, I’d rather have them safe and tucked up between the frame rails where they stay dry.
just need to build a box around it.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Ok I am very interested in the 2020. One limit is the virtual cameras. Its limited to 32 feet trailer length. Now why a guaranteed over 30k trailering GVWR and limit visual to TAG trailers as it will not work with a GN. I have a 48 foot GN and I have the Rastra cams. I still would like to zoom up each side for things like bollards in gas stations by fuel pumps, curbs etc. Hope those "bigger mirrors" are at least 2 inches further outboard. How about the cell phone charger in the arm rest, did they make it a larger recess to enable phone cases and make a stronger charger power to charge thru cases? Did they add defrost mirrrors to the fold etc. No one has mentioned fuel milage yet? I like the new we colors too.
I was also wondering if they will fix the camera system so when your backing up, the pull foward you have to re-enter all your camera settings as well as cutting off the tailgate camera when towing as its no use esp on a GN. Did they establish greater clearance between the bed rails and the GN nose. Have they addressed the high possibiliy that trailers will have up to 6 tires on higher GVWR trailers will the truck tires have the same tire monitoring?

Chuck

·
Registered
186 Posts
Ok I am very interested in the 2020. One limit is the virtual cameras. Its limited to 32 feet trailer length. Now why a guaranteed over 30k trailering GVWR and limit visual to TAG trailers as it will not work with a GN. I have a 48 foot GN and I have the Rastra cams. I still would like to zoom up each side for things like bollards in gas stations by fuel pumps, curbs etc. Hope those "bigger mirrors" are at least 2 inches further outboard. How about the cell phone charger in the arm rest, did they make it a larger recess to enable phone cases and make a stronger charger power to charge thru cases? Did they add defrost mirrrors to the fold etc. No one has mentioned fuel milage yet? I like the new we colors too.
I was also wondering if they will fix the camera system so when your backing up, the pull foward you have to re-enter all your camera settings as well as cutting off the tailgate camera when towing as its no use esp on a GN. Did they establish greater clearance between the bed rails and the GN nose. Have they addressed the high possibiliy that trailers will have up to 6 tires on higher GVWR trailers will the truck tires have the same tire monitoring?

Chuck

All relevant questions. I'm gonna hold out for a 2021 and see how the 10 speed turns out. Two more years of my 06 LBZ I figure.

So glad they moved the piss tank. It's an eyesore in its current location. I tow a 36 Ft gooseneck race trailer and a 38 Ft. Toyhauler. I sure hope they figure out a way to extend the length of the cams and the the tire sensors work on both double & triple axle trailers.

My toy hauler has an integrated rear cam. Would be cool to be able to tap into it without an additional monitor.

Any word of fuel tank size? I have 52 gallon titan in my lbz. Stopping every 200 miles for fuel sucks.

Anyone get any hints on what size tires will fit on it stock? 35's?

Stiff competition coming from Ford & Dodge. Good stuff!

1 - 20 of 55 Posts