Diesel Place banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have an 02 LB7, i noticed today when taking off the muffler that it has a cat on it. I live in GA but bought it used, i think it came from texas, anyway, i thought only cali trucks had a cat on them? since i live in GA i can cut it off right? how much louder will it be?

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
You have what is called a clean state emissions vehicle, I believe there are 13 states that way nowdays. It will most likely have EGR as well. If it does when you remove the kitty it may turn on the CEL.

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
MaxRoadArmor,

Diesel tech is right, most likely the light will not hit but it does occassionally. By the way DO NOT cut up that cat they are very very expensive. Get a pipe from someone like us that bolts in(MBRP makes them)
and saves that cat for future needs etc.

Mark @ DPPI

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
how much is that part?

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
Diesel Tech;1561523; said:
You have what is called a clean state emissions vehicle...
Or a California Wannabe truck...:D

Cat removed and no SES or code on my truck.

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
MaxRoadArmor,

The front pipes vary based on material, but you're looking at between 107-130.00 or so. You have an LB7 while the LLY is the same the LBZ is different FYI! Call us if you have any questions on it.

Mark @ DPPI

·
Registered
38 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i think ill just do like i did with the muffler and use a piece of semi grade flex pipe to replace it, it cost like $5 a foot. i dont need my exhaust to look pretty for $130. thanks anyway though.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.