Diesel Place banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First of all it was great to put faces with all of these characters (well most of them
). Every one was great and could not have been nicer. Steve O and the Dipper(George) were great to travel with. Here is a composite graph of my best dyno runs each of which were run twice and matched back to back. The runs were on J&M Motorsport Dynojet Chasis Dyno. The runs were made and the SAE correction factors were applied. Dynojet offers several different correction factors with the SAE being one of the most conservative

CF propane hp propane trq no2 hp no2 trq

none 525.25 890.99 496.68 841.08
standard 518.52 879.03 490.97 831.41
SAE 503.30 853.23 476.68 807.21
DIN 521.25 883.66 493.52 835.73
JIS 504.56 855.36 477.88 809.23
EEC 503.01 852.74 476.41 852.74

The numbers that I made at Unlimited motorsports were 527.5 hp and 914.3 trq propane/stack and 488.2hp and 860.8 trq on No 2 These were graphed with a standard correction factor if they were corrected with the SAE as the graph above the numbers would be very similar. Corrected they are 512.34 hp and 889.13 trq propane stack and 474.75 hp and 837.11 trq on No 2. Mack this is the reason our numbers were lower at J&M as compared to Unlimited. Mike @ J&M uses a more conservative correction factor. Your corrected Unlimited Motorsports numbers to SAE would be 467.66 hp and 837.11 trq. As you all can see here there is several ways to skin a cat.....I'm gonna stick with the conservative side ...dave

Edited by: sdaver

·
Registered
644 Posts
Nice explaination daver, those numbers still are smokin. Glad all you southerners had a good time.

Mac's Heater

·
Registered
12,262 Posts
Watch you gonna do with that cat when your done skinning it ??

I was under the impression Unlimited was using the SAE correction factor, so I guess that explains that .... Using that correction factor put my numbers right there according to the sheet I've got .... I also agree on staying on the conservative side of the numbers .... I'll now confirm the correction factor at future runs,thanks for clearing it up .... When did it come to light their were using different correction factors ?? As at the dyno you were figuring they were just a percentage off,assumed tighter ....

Glad to hear you had a good time hope I wasn't one of the (well most of them) .....

Any hoo thanks for dinner and hopefully we can do it again sometime .....I personally had a blast best one yet !!!!!

Were only a couple hands a part on #2 (I gotta work on my pane system) but I'll concede .... The south has to win "ONCE" ....

Mac
Edited by: Mackin

·
Registered
12,262 Posts
8.1GASSER said:
Nice explaination daver, those numbers still are smokin. Glad all you southerners had a good time.

Mac's Heater
That Avatar stings Dippers gonna have a fit ....

Mac

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
got to lookin at the sheets and noticed the different correction factors on the side of the graphs.........It was a blast I would do it again tommorrow........

·
Registered
644 Posts
[/QUOTE]

That Avatar stings Dippers gonna have a fit ....

Mac
[/QUOTE]

The whole reason its up there!!!

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
YEAH YEAH ......you might have it today......BUT I'LL BE BACK!Edited by: BIG DIPPER

·
Vendor
9,678 Posts
Here's my dyno sheet showing Wheel (uncorrected) and SAE corrected (humid/rainy day) showing what correction factor can do:

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hey john get your dyno in.....I want to be the first to sling off the startup grease..........1000 miles door to door no problem

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Torque numbers seem very high........so if the numbers from the dyno event in CT. seem high, even though the torque numbers are lower than JK's.......what's that saying? Edited by: BIG DIPPER

·
Vendor
9,678 Posts
For the record, the lower numbers are Wheel Power and the Corrected numbers are SAE corrected.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.