Diesel Place banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok under my foot i feel a vibration like my wheel is shaking, driver side wheel. My first thing is to go and get my tires rebalanced, just got new tires about a month 1/2 ago.

Next when I turning into a ramp or driveway any kind of slight incline, say like driving into a gas station, slowing down to enter the ramp turning my wheel i somes feel a clunk sound. What could this be? And how can I fix it? You guys have gotten me past a lot of stuff, can you do it again?!?!?:eek:

·
Registered
3,129 Posts
coachhim;1564705; said:
Ok under my foot i feel a vibration like my wheel is shaking, driver side wheel. My first thing is to go and get my tires rebalanced, just got new tires about a month 1/2 ago.

Next when I turning into a ramp or driveway any kind of slight incline, say like driving into a gas station, slowing down to enter the ramp turning my wheel i somes feel a clunk sound. What could this be? And how can I fix it? You guys have gotten me past a lot of stuff, can you do it again?!?!?:eek:
Most definitely sounds like the dreaded intermediate steering shaft problem.Not a big deal--they all have this happen,even new trucks because GM has not corrected the defect.If yours is not under warranty,take it to your favorite dealer or get the part and do it yourself--not difficult. Also, there is some vendor here that has a permanent fix for this, but you'll have to do a search--forgot the name. Good luck

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
[email protected];1565071; said:
Most definitely sounds like the dreaded intermediate steering shaft problem.Not a big deal--they all have this happen,even new trucks because GM has not corrected the defect.If yours is not under warranty,take it to your favorite dealer or get the part and do it yourself--not difficult. Also, there is some vendor here that has a permanent fix for this, but you'll have to do a search--forgot the name. Good luck

Is this an easy fix?

·
Registered
3,129 Posts
Yeah--I seem to remember on my '04, under warranty-it took the dealer about 30 min.

·
Registered
97 Posts
coachhim;1564705; said:

I had a similar problem with a different make and model truck. Problem turned out to be the shock rattling in the shock mount. I just tightened the shock mount bolts and the noise was gone....

Try the free stuff 1st.

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
[email protected];1565071; said:
Eric (dmaxallitech) or visit his website... www.gmdieseltech.com , I know he has the kit to fix it and used to have a new/updated steering shaft.
But yeah, try the free stuff first. I need to do mine as well, just lazy. Pretty simple job.
http://dieselplace.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3325

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
the site doesnt have any kit to fix it

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
what about the vibration at high speeds? sometimes when i slow down to a stop, the truck doesnt come to a complete stop.

·
Registered
3,129 Posts
coachhim;1580429; said:
what about the vibration at high speeds? sometimes when i slow down to a stop, the truck doesnt come to a complete stop.
SAY again?????

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
LOL..It feels .like it isnt stopping on a dime, brakes are pulsating.

Wondering if my rotors are out round. if so this is a pain.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
it was front left hub assembly. Fix it using the Do it yourself articles and heymcall. Easy job to do.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I think you have multiple problem, but the clunk under your feet going into driveways, i can almost guarantee you that your torsion bar mount (where it connects to the frame) is loose. just tighten it up and see if clunk stops. High speed vibration is Either drive shaft, wheel balance, or warped rotors

1 - 12 of 12 Posts