Diesel Place banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 6.5 breakdown of the week.....well its closer to breakdown of the day.
Code it is throwing is no CPS signal or loss of CPS. This circuit has been tested to the end and I have signal going into the computer. Signal and voltage are perfect no defects. So one would beleive this is a bad ECM, WRONG! I replaced it today and no change still the same thing.
If the CPS is unpluged I can get the truck to start in limp mode with alot of cranking.
All other throw at it parts are new and in good shape (ie: PMD, Lift pump, OPS, IP.)
My only guess is the prom is dead or crap. I used the prom over from the old ECM.
Any theory or factual knowledge on this issue would be a great help.

·
Registered
808 Posts
Just asking grounds been reviewed closely?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
DONE! I have checked them and I have paid to have them checked.

·
Registered
808 Posts
Wiring at the firewall looks OK (passenger side)?
Connector on PCM not tried, that's about all I can think of.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Checked and re-checked all wire looms. I have a good signal at the computer plug.

·
Registered
13 Posts
sounds like what mine is doing. everything i test leads me back to the ecm. gonna test for ground and 12v at computer tomorrow. will let u know if i ever figure this thing out.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Talked w/Bill Heath today and he is going to ship me a stock prom to try out. I have checked all the items he suggested and it all still points to the ECM or prom. I hope it is the prom so I can buying one from Bill.
:)The customer service he offers is second to none.:)

·
Registered
7,500 Posts
I don't see where you changed the CPS. You did change it? Right?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Oh yah I replaced the CPS twice! The good news is I have a good pile of spare parts building up. I keep replacing parts to find they weren't bad after all.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts