Banned
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Check it out.

·
Registered
6,013 Posts
welcome to the forum... nice truck!

Yukondmax- you either upload photos by hitting the "" button, or link to one posted elsewhere by hitting the "
" button..

·
Registered
111 Posts
e115

Where in NY are you. I am in between Knox and Albany depending on the night.

tbalz

·
Registered
448 Posts
Now there's two "upstates" to New Yorkers...Orange county (or anywhere off the island ) and 20 mins from the Canadian border where I am. Which are you? Most "downstaters" have no idea there is a New York north of Syracuse... if they've heard of Syracuse!
BTW...nice lookin' rig! I'm considering the Atlas or Python...in polished finish. Edited by: Rippem

·
Banned
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Guys, I live about 10 miles north of Albany, in Latham to be exact..

·
Registered
29 Posts
I hope this works, I think it did but here is mine!

·
Banned
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Man you got a lot of chrome goin on there, lol. Looks good. Now all you need is some wheels to match. What do you got on there for an antenna?

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have two VHF radios installed and they look like they were factory options. They fit in the cubbies in the console perfect. I also have a aluminum dry box in the back with a 25 gal fuel tank. I pump the fuel from the back tank to the filler neck. You just have to be careful not to over fill!!!

YUKONDMAX

·
Registered
49 Posts
Where did you purchase the Denali headlamps and the HID's? Do you have any trouble causing oncoming glare since our trucks sit so high compared to autos. I always seem to flood the car in front of me at stop lights, I would hate to do that to a police car but I really miss not having my HID's.

04 Sierra D/A dulley on-order.

·
Registered
549 Posts
I dont think those are Denali headlamps as they look just like my stock 2004 headlamps.

·
Banned
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
They are indeed Denali headlights, and yes they do cause some glare to the person in front of you, but the lights are completly street legal so i dont think you need to worry. I got the housings from US Auto Parts and the hids from hids4less.com.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hey YUKONDMAX,

You said you had some vhf radios installed in the cubbie holes? I am at a delimma on where to put my Cobra 129LTD Classic cb radio. I measured the cubbie hole just above the cupholders, probably the same one you have yours in, and it would be a really tight fit if it would even fit. I was wondering if you knew the measurements of your 2 way vhf, front to back, & the width of it. I am really puzzled as to where I can put it with out drilling noticable holes or it being in the way of something else. That is the only thing I hate about these trucks with that console. If you or anyone else has any suggestions I would very much greatly appreciate them....thanks

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hi Cowboy

My VHF is just the head or diplay,the radio is behind the back seats. I do not know the measurment of the cubbie but mine sure fit great! It is very difficult to run the wires though. There is a lot more in that console than one would think? You can just grab the cubbie (black part) and pull it out then you could figure weather your radio would fit or not.

YKDMAX

·
Registered
22 Posts
YKDMAX,

Thanks for the comeback. So you are saying that the black peice that goes around the cubbie snaps in and out without any damage? Do you think if it was taken totally out it would look funny without it? Is it just the open hole with the very outer trim with it off? Sorry so many questions, I am just really wanting to keep my radio and trying to figure out where to place it is driving me nuts and I don't even have the truck yet. Also I was wondering have you had any problems out of your Marine Metallic Blue? Do you find it hard to keep clean? What color interior did you get?..thanks again...Edited by: GMC Cowboy Cadilliac

·
Registered
29 Posts
Go out to your truck grab on the cubbies and pull. It just pulls out and snaps back into place. Very easy and nothing gets broken. Once you have it out you will see all! Do not be scared it is easy! I know when I first started playing in my truck I did not want to break anything either.

let me know how it goes.

YKDMAX

·
Registered
134 Posts
emerick115 said:
They are indeed Denali headlights, and yes they do cause some glare to the person in front of you, but the lights are completly street legal so i dont think you need to worry. I got the housings from US Auto Parts and the hids from hids4less.com.

I have to agree with TEXMudder. Those are not Denali headlamps. Denali's have a projector lamp in them. Maybe a old Denali, I'm not sure what the first ones had in them.

·
Banned
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
You guys arent looking at the picture of my truck at the top of the page. They are denali headlights. They have projectors in them. The picture in the middle is not my truck.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Good point. I assumed since it looked pretty close to yours that it was another picture of yours.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts