Diesel Place banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see this come up often and I have replaced many parts for this 95 chevy 6.5L Turbo. Problem nobody around here knows how to work on diesels ! So I am on my own..Was wondering a few things. I heard there is some plastic part in the fuel filter that should be and I IS NOT ! also I found a small fuel line leek above the tank . Now tell me after replaceing many parts and still having the rough start, herky jerky, coughing, sputtering can this be the problem ??? 178 thous miles and never I mean NEVER had a problem till now ! I know lucky ...but could this leak cause the problem with not enough pressure ?

·
Registered
4,805 Posts
chevyhorse, welcome. please update signature so we know what you're working on. Check the faq's. Do the lift pump test therein described.

With that said, fix your fuel leak first. Then you can start trouble shooting hidden problems if symptoms persist.

·
Registered
346 Posts
A leak between the lift pump and tank could be sucking air and causing problems for you.

·
Registered
20 Posts
of course...

Running a diesel engine normally makes life easier: You won't have to worry abou the ignition system.
But you do have an enemy: Air.
Air in your fuel line WILL certainly cause the poor engine to behave just like you describe. As the leak is before the lift pump, air will be sucked into the line, causing your enginge to behave like a kangaroo.
Fix the leak, and I'm sure it'll run smoothly again.
Janne, north of sweden. GMC suburban 6,5TD-98

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey just wanted to update everyone after new injectors while up on the hoist we found a small leak in the fuel line just above the fuel tank which is fixed and yes RUNNING GREAT AGAIN !!! one other problem it will need new fuel lines and oil coolant lines..Anybody got any idea on where to find at a reasonable price ? Thanks For Everyones Help

1 - 5 of 5 Posts