Diesel Place banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Started faint fan belt intermittent squeal at 55K, doesn't do it all the time. So I replaced with new gatorback belt;
same no change. Seems to squeal more when cold but still can hear after warmed up.
its real intermittent. seems to come and go when in high gear but low RPM say 1500 RPM or less with light feathering on throttle say 25-45 mph.
has any anybody else experienced this ? have any Ideals on what to replace next ! This is driving me crazy, any help or comments would be appreciated.
thank all of you in advanced.
This is the first problem that I have had 60,000 great miles. Man I love this machine.

·
Registered
16,973 Posts
Might want to search Chirp or Belts, think you will find some interesting posts on this matter. Been covered a few times.

·
Registered
16,080 Posts
Started faint fan belt intermittent squeal at 55K, doesn't do it all the time. So I replaced with new gatorback belt;
same no change. Seems to squeal more when cold but still can hear after warmed up.
its real intermittent. seems to come and go when in high gear but low RPM say 1500 RPM or less with light feathering on throttle say 25-45 mph.
has any anybody else experienced this ? have any Ideals on what to replace next ! This is driving me crazy, any help or comments would be appreciated.
thank all of you in advanced.
This is the first problem that I have had 60,000 great miles. Man I love this machine.
This will get ya started.

http://www.dieselplace.com/forum/search.php?searchid=3637984

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Thre's a TSB from GM on this issue. I'll post it if you want but it really only applies to vehicles still covered under warranty. You can check with your dealer to see if they will do a one time "goodwill warranty". Cant hurt to try!

Mine just started chirping at 22k miles. i'll be going in soon for repair.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts