Diesel Place banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just put my tranny back together and filled it. It will go into drive, reverse, and park. However when I go down the road it will not shift out of first gear and the speedo isn't reading anything. Than that set off my ABS warning light. I have checked all the speed sensors conectors and wiring everything is conected. Does anyone have any ideas what this could be????
If you do I can be reached at 608-513-8337 I will be out in the shop trying to figure this out.
Thanks. Jon Conway

·
Registered
12,262 Posts
Check and make sure ALL the electrical connections are pluged in ... Check the input output sensors ....

Mac Edited by: Mackin

·
Registered
509 Posts
I haven't got a clue. However, FFR, please let us know what you find.

Thanks,

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys, well to make a long story short I figured it was the output sensor on the transfer case, the tech II confirmed that. When the sensor was checked with a meter it showed it was working though. By tracing the wires back there is another conector that is right about were the transmission and transfer case meet. When that conector was put together one of the pins were bent down enoughf to keep it from making contact but yet the conector fit together. Fixed that by cutting off the conectors and directly wiring them together with weatherproof conector.

Now the shifts are unbelievable, I can't even tell it is shifting except for the RPM go down it's so smooth and quick. As in the stock case the shifts took so long now they are right there. Very good kit, some clutches a torque convert, deep pan, and 23qts of ATF synthetic later the tranny runs at about 110-120 having a good time before it would be around 160-180 in Wisconsin 35 degrees right now. Can't believe the power and smoke this put out now, TST Comp and duramaximizer stack on H2's still quite a bit of tire spin

However one thing that I was very upset over was when I checked the differental levels...front was a little over a half a quart low on a two quart differental and the rear was one and a half quarts low on a four quart differental. Oh this was on a 03' with 12,500 miles parked in a garage and hasn't leaked a drop of oil.... Now when I am coming up to a stop sign and let off the truck feels like it just going to keep rolling, as before it would slow down much faster on it's own.

Again thanks for the suggestion guys,
Jon

1 - 5 of 5 Posts