Diesel Place banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i bought My LLZ with 305/50R20 Tires and 20inch rims. Its not lifted at all. Ive been hearing that if you dont put shocks in the front end, you can **** up your front end if you dont have those front shocks. If there is anything else i should know because i do not want to have problems with my truck cause its special to me. THx:(

·
Registered
848 Posts
As long as no one cranked up the front end to fit those tires, you shouldn't have any issues. If they did, then some aftermarket shocks will help you.

·
Registered
116 Posts
With 305's I bet your torsion bars have been turned up. Like cjsho said you may want some longer shocks or shock extenders. To increase the life of your pitman/idler arms I would suggest the Cognito Pitman/Idler Braces.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok. where can i get them and how much do they cost?

·
Registered
880 Posts
Check the vendors pages on this site. Nor-Cal sells them and I think Kennedy does too, sorry to any vendor that I may have missed.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i couldnt find it? cant i just walk in a store and ask for some? what would i ask for?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
los banos. they have a store in hilmar. so what would i ask to get?

·
Premium Member
9,432 Posts
los banos. they have a store in hilmar. so what would i ask to get?

I don't see anyone having the parts you need in stock closer than us. Also sounds like you are not sure of what you want as well. I can help you with that. Check this thread out and it might help you a little more on whats going on:

Leveled & Rough Ride <-- Read what you can do.

I am a day away for UPS or you can will call the parts here. We are in Livermore about 1.5 hours from you. PM me you number and I can call you and help you with all you need. I am in and out of the shop for the next week till 1-2-08. But I will be checking in. So PM me if you want help.

Nor-Cal Nick

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
all i want to know is if i need those shocks for my front end cause i dont want to f u c k them up because it feels like i should need some cause idk if i can go off roading without the shocks

·
Registered
880 Posts
I don't see how having the stock shocks will destroy your front end. I have read a lot of post, and most feel that the shocks are too short, but that would just limit how far the suspesion could extend (down travel) and could possible cause damage to the shock itself. That is a cheap easy part to replace if you had to. The only thing that I would worry about is that your tires don't come up and damage a fender liner or something. That would only be a problem if they are too oversized. Different shocks are made to prevent that anyhow. Good luck.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
ok. thx. but what about going off roading with oversize rims and tires? can that messs up anything on my truck overall?

·
Registered
880 Posts
I don't see how it could unless there isn't enough clearance. I don't think those tires are much taller than stock, but quite a bit wider. I would be more worried about damage to the rim since your running 50 series tires. Have those tires ever rubbed anywhere before?

·
Premium Member
9,432 Posts
polishwrex,
I here that you are asking what can get messed up on your front end with larger tires right? Most of the time the first thing that people have issue's with are there Idler and Pitman arms (Cognito Steering braces will fix). Next people will crank up there torsion bars to better clear the new larger tires, that will have off setting issue's. Loose of drop out travel from the factory shocks will create a bad ride and a new set of shocks of the proper spec. will help (Bilstien Shocks).

Read more about Cognito Steering Braces:
http://norcaltruck.com/shop/product_info.php?products_id=780

Read more about Bilstien Shocks:
http://www.dieselplace.com/forum/showthread.php?t=167885

From there I am unclear what else you might be looking for. Do you have a problem right now that you would like to fix or are you just looking to be proactive? I know you are new to this forum and I am a vendor but I try to match people up with the right product so I ask questions to better help me understand what you really might need.

Nor-Cal Nick

1 - 18 of 18 Posts