Diesel Place banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am using the lisle 1/2" tool and have some quick quesitons as I am working on the truck right now (taking a break to get some pointers) I have read everything here, looking for some specific help

I am pushing the oem line into the outlet, then pushing the tool in so its sits flush. I have tried rotating until it "stops" then attempting wiggle, rotate and pull the connector off to no avail.

Will the connector come off with the line ?

should the line be difficult to pull off (lots of tension and suddenly gets freed ?

I have good access and can see the top of the tank OK. I am looking for some more hints on how others have removed the line. Need to finish soon.

thanks

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Push the lines together then push the "tool" in and then try to pull apart. If that does not work, pull the tool back out and clock it just a little and push back in as far as it goes all the while the lines are pressed together then try again to pull them apart. It should come apart easy. The tank one I pulled apart on the first try. Its the other one I struggled with and just had to rotate the thing a little at a time until I found the spot that would release the fittings. The connector comes off with the line and looks just like Nick has on his install pic of the removed line.

JackEdited by: maxinDixon

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Jack,

thanks for the tips. I guess I just needed to take a break and warm up, i went out after I posted and they both came off within five minutes. dropping the fuel cooler made that connector much easier to get to.

I made the connectors harder than they needed to be the first time and got frustrated

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Ski1

hey, glad it worked out. I see you have the kennedy head light booster. Got one too. Best thing I ever bought. Real nice!

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i like the booster, wish I could still get the philips rallye bulbs though. best combination of brightness to heat I have had. I have run the kit for abuot 14 months with no harness or bulb problems.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts