Diesel Place banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry do double book but I was at the end of another post. I got my old NSBU off. Getting the plug off was tough. Had some plastic that broke off but got that cleared out. The plug looks good, as far as I can tell. Got the new unit back on but now I am having trouble getting the plug back on the new unit. It goes on part way but not enough to click in. Any tricks? My truck is sitting there dead!!!

Thank you

·
Registered
592 Posts
Just keep pushing. My switch was original and it was a pain to get the plugs out. Had to use a small screw driver with force, but not enough to damage them.

When reinstalling, just grab top and bottom and suck it up. Get some gloves if your fingers start hurting because they have to click!

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
I'm no expert , but after putting mine on a couple of time here is what I have found out . First there is a lock pin (lite blue on mine ) that keeps the wire harness in place . On the bottom of the harness is a handle , pull down on this and the harness will push it self off (a little) pull it the rest of the way off . Just reverse the steps , no force is needed . When you first push the harness on by hand it will get harder (stop) push it on the rest of the way using that little handle . ( no force is needed)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts