Diesel Place banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
How long does it take normally to load a tune in a LLY ECM?
My LBZ takes ~2.5 - 3 min.
I'm helping a friend of mine tune his '05 LLY Kodiak and we are having some problems. One thing I've noticed is it only takes ~15 seconds to load a tune in his ECM and I'm wondering if it's not really loading or not loading correctly.
Is this normal for a LLY ECM?
Thanks,

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
A complete tune usually takes me that long to load. Some of the small tunes like a few table mods only take 20-30 seconds. One way I tell if I have loaded a new tune is to read what I have flashed and then compare it to the original tune and look for any differences.

·
Resident Squid
1,710 Posts
Normally takes me about a minute, no matter what tune I am loading.

·
Registered
742 Posts
About 1 1/2 to 2 minutes for a complete tune.

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I'm a little lost with you guys saying "for a complete tune"... Is there any other way? We open the file we want to load and hit the "red arrow" program PCM button. Then make sure we are connecting to the right ECM. (LLY ECM in this case) and hit start. Then it does it's thing and says it was a success in about 15 seconds.
This is how I do my LBZ but it takes about 2.5 - 3 minutes...
Could his really be done so fast? Anyone know if the Kodiak (4500) ECM's are different? I am pretty sure they aren't.

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Okay, I had him load a custom tune file and then (after completion and power cycle) read that file back out and save it as a different name.
Turns out the file he read back out is exactly the same as his stock tune...
So at this point I don't think we have ever successfully programed his ECM.
It's probably something stupid that we aren't doing right.
I'm open for suggestions...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts