Diesel Place banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know what this hose is and how to fix it from leaking antifreeze? I tried tightening it but feels like it's not getting any better. Feels like its stripping or about to? This hose leads up to a black box on top of motor the another hose goes to the top back side of motor and connectors into the back of intake.
  1. 634337

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok thank you il look again harder to see if I can see the weep hole. If it is my weep hole on the water pump can it be fixed out do I need to replace it?

·
Administrator
15,971 Posts
Ok thank you il look again harder to see if I can see the weep hole. If it is my weep hole on the water pump can it be fixed out do I need to replace it?
Replace..

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey guys I changed the water pump but when I turned the truck on something is whining. Sounds like one of those hold fire truck horns form back in the day. I checked all my pulleys and they look like anything in aline and straight. Nothing looks to be vibrating. When I push on the pedal it gets worse. Any ideas?

·
Administrator
15,971 Posts
Water pump is gear driven. Verify noise is not coming from water pump with a mechanic stethoscope.
Did you install an OEM or aftermarket pump?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Came out good. Took all the bolts out of water pump and it about fell off it self. I did the two bolts on the lower back side last.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Just took the belt off and started it. Still makes. The noise. You thank it could be the gear drive chain or the way the pump got put on?

·
Administrator
15,971 Posts
Gear drive on the pump. Replace with an OEM water pump

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ok thanks bud. Got the pump out now have to wait till tomorrow for NAPA to open to get a OEM pump. I'll update when its swapped

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The new pump worked sorry it took so long to update you. Thanks for your help

·
Administrator
15,971 Posts
The new pump worked sorry it took so long to update you. Thanks for your help
Glad you got your issue resolved.
Thanks for giving us an update!
(y)