Diesel Place banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i think dmaxallitech will agree. we need you d/max owners to voice you lips loud long and far.inform our mgrs. to get us training or those who work on d/max and are not certified in to training. i have been working on d/max from day one am still waiting to go to hands on class and test for master. many of us are good and most d/max techs try hard to fix your trucks right. we try to find those dang injectors and leaks. yet diag is tough and sucks. i love d/max it provides food on the table not much but it does.please guys when in the dealer pull for us so we can pull for you.you can ask for us d/max techs we will help/ of the 15 techs in the shop only 2 are certified on any type of diesel. i one the other hates warranty and at 100k miles. he shot guns parts to fix. them warranty pays jack.so anyway the other 13 are blind i find myself helping more at times then working on the d/max. tod the foreman time and time again give all d/amx to me. he says the others need work to.let gas stick to gas and diesel to diesel.

·
Registered
6,995 Posts
My dealer sends his guys out, when I was ??? him on the LLY a couple months ago he had a GM training class schedule for the LLY motor on his desk.

So far none of my D/A have needed service other than a plugged fuel filter at 1500 miles on a 2002.

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
Talked to my Service writer yesterday... of 7 or 8 techs, he has 2 Dmax certified, and one Allison.....said the Allison guy doesn't do any Allison work, which was nice to hear!

·
Registered
11,646 Posts
I am fully Allison trained and have everything avail for the D-max except the Assessment test, which I have been on the wait list for since May. I found that since I was not getting the classes as often as I thought, I now control all of my own training. I am a training manager and have full access in GM common Training. I control what and when and where I get trained and usually try for 20 hrs per month.

Patrick, ask your dealer if you can sign yourself up for classes, then you can get more of them more often.

I was in the first group of 5 to have the allisonhands on training. First of 5 in the nation. I took the pilot course in Aug 02

·
Banned
2,067 Posts
Dmax owners, lift up the phone and call your service manager. Ask him if he has any factory trained/certified Dmax/Allison techs. It dosn't matter if you are having any problems right now. It will let you know if you are going to have to go somewhere else. It will also get your service manager thinking about it. My service manager has one trained tech. Hope he is working on the day I have to take my truck in.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Bronco

That is a REAL GOOD Idea. I'll do it tommorow morning.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts