Diesel Place banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Truck was running.. I have a quadzilla stealth 2 programmer went to change back to stock tune and now won't start.. help anyone

·
Registered
89 Posts
Can you still see your mileage? Can you change back? It might have cleaned the ECM out. Have seen this before with different programers. If it has, contact the company and most of the time they can download the recovery program to you programer but you will need a computer.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I can still read my milage. All accessories in the truck still work. Ive read all the treads on here and no solutions. I Have the quadzilla stealth 2 which the company is now out of business but ive never had an issue with the programmer before. it doesnt recognize my vin in the truck now. seems ive lost connection with the ecm

·
Registered
89 Posts
Check the main connections on the left hand side. The two big connectors. Does the truck start if you disconnect the tuner?

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've checked all connections and all fuses have power everywhere. Just won't crank. Can't put the program back in it doesn't recognize the ecm through the obd2 port. Have no idea what it is

·
Registered
89 Posts
I'm guessing your truck will need to be reflashed due to the vin not showing up on the scanner. Just for shot in the dark is your security light on? If it is try this
- put the key in the ignition turn to on position, make sure the security light stays on.
- wait ten minutes and the security light should go off, when it does shut the key off and then turn back to on position. You will need to do this a total of 3 times and on the third time start the truck. If it starts then your key is programmed.

This is a truck we use when a customer losses a key with they GM product. Works 95% of the time. Pontiacs can be harder to program a key this way, but have had great results.

·
Just Horsing Around
17,558 Posts
Thread moved to 3rd gen tuners

·
Vendor
9,676 Posts
Handheld tuners can be a crapshoot. Some less stable than others, but it's not too hard to find "help my XXX tuner messed up my ECM" threads.

Your ECM MAY be recoverable, but many times they are not. I still prefer to do my tuning from the bench harness and 12v regulated power supply. It's just SO much more reliable this way.

·
Premium Member
1,183 Posts
This happened to me a few years ago which required a new PCM to be installed. Hope your situation is resolved easier. Good luck.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts