Diesel Place banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was on my way to Texas for the weekend for a GNC race, just before I got on the interstate my truck went nuts. I had a 44' enclosed behind me (12,000 lbs) and was accelerating up a very very small hill, going about 30 MPH. All of a sudden the truck lost all it's power, engine light came on and it started knocking real bad. I shut the truck off got the trailer unhooked and drove it, it ran like new for 10 seconds then fell flat again. It has NO POWER, knocks worse than a ford and shifts hard. I was running my edge on level 2 when it happened but unplugged it after I unhooked my trailer. Any advice???

I'm hoping to get this fixed fast so I can get down to Texas in time for the race.

PLEASE HELP!!!

·
Registered
170 Posts
My truck did the same thing . I tsounded like a tractor .
for the fix look up John Deere in the search forum. It is caused by the wiring to the ecm if I remember correct

·
Registered
170 Posts
Looked up the tsb # for you here it is 05-06-04-047a hope this helps

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
I think the TSB he may be referring to is the one that says the wire harness can wear through where it is attached to a bracket on the motor causing an injector to short out. I don't remember what bracket it is but, while standing in front of the truck it is on the left side of the engine right near the oil fill tube.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Update: I went to auto zone to run codes. It was something like "injector relay error cylinder #7" So you guys may be right about the wiring harness. I'm going to check that right now.

You guys are awesome!!! Diesel Place Rocks!!!!!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
692 Posts
This happen to me in Ok. There is a fix for it. the wire on the injector connector is braking down. they have to put 90 degree ends on the # 7 & #2connectors. If you un plug the connector wiggle the wire & plug it back in it will probably run ok. had to do this 6 times to get home from Ok. Tell the dealer it is that and they have a fix for it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts