Diesel Place banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK heres the deal I bout a 2001 Duramax the tranny went I got it rebuild, the engine blew 280 km later I replaced the Engine, I went to start it up this morning to let it warm up,
I clicked the key on. The relay started clicking, I proceded to start it it automaticly went into 4wheel Low and died. I clicked the key on to the accesory and went to check which relay it is its the headlight relay that keeps clicking, at this point with the key in the off position or no key in at all. if you turn the headlights switch to the park position the 4 way flasher light on the dash come on without the lights flashing, the engine light comes on. When I turn the headlight switch to the on position the glow plug light comes on,
when I touch the powered seats the clow plug light also comes on, The headlights do not work, and the truck wont start, ( it rotates but does not fire)

Anyone with any bit of information of what I should go search for could you please let me know,

I checked all fuses all relays, I lifted the main fuse panel under the hood, checked for loose wires there.... I cant find anything....

Thanks for all the Help
Shane

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Remove and reconnect the 2 harnesses under hood. Also body grounds clean , reconnect.

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
weird elect. happenings

I have had some of the same problems with my 01 LB7. Problem was batteries both were gone at the same time. There was just enough in them to cause many a problem & weird electrical happenings.:eek: Good Luck

·
Registered
14 Posts
I had some similar problems when one of my batteries took a dump as well

·
Registered
6,576 Posts
Sounds like grounds, but that could be due to the batteries not having enough juice as well.

Check grounds first, that does not cost anything, then get a good volt meter, and check the batteries,

·
Registered
89 Posts
I had the same things happen when the batteries died too.

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
Time for new truck a

·
Registered
53 Posts
Had somewhat of the same prob your describing here.Do you have tilt wheel?If so try tilting the wheel up or down.I had no headlights and similar probs ended up being my multifunction switch in the column.After a while of tilting it breaks a wire and shorts out.Most of your ower to the truck and accessories run thru this.So try tilting the column see if it makes a difference for ya.Removed mine and repaired the broken and shorted wire noprobs since.Just a thought

·
Registered
506 Posts
I would be looking at the batteries. You will need to do a load test and not a voltage test. Bad cells may still show over 12 volts.

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
My battery terminals were loose and corroded on mine when I had a similar experience. I switched it to a top mount setup and covered the terminals with vasoline to prevent corrosion. Also look at your cigarette lighter fuse, if it is blown the truck will not start. It will turn over but not fire at least in my experience. Good luck and let us know how it is going. Merry Christmas everybody!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts