Diesel Place banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
You could google "tractor air filter box", you may find something that will require little modification.
Good idea. Thought I'd look at semi trucks too. What is your opinion of the K47 airbox for the HX40? Thanks for your response.

·
Registered
7,411 Posts
Watch Craigslist for semi motors and stuff. Inquire, they probably have the other stuff as well, 4 inch exhaust is not needed 3 inch is plenty and you don't have far to run it so no restriction.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Watch Craigslist for semi motors and stuff. Inquire, they probably have the other stuff as well, 4 inch exhaust is not needed 3 inch is plenty and you don't have far to run it so no restriction.
Here's pics of the exhaust system and ducting for air box intake.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1995 Chevrolet Silverado Z71 6.5 TD
152 Posts
Hi OK, The oval is also a 4" circumference opening (the turbo intake appears to be a 4" as well), so technically speaking it should be the same volume of air movement. Are you saying that this particular box that I have just doesn't have the air filter capacity I need?
Of course now that I've made all the modifications on this engine, I don't want to lower any standards at this point. This original air filter box has a flat filter in it, I don't know about the K47 box, but wonder if the original filter box I have has the air capacity for the new turbo, I might be able to modify it to a round opening. The turbo controller is pre set from PT Wiring and I don't expect to be racing this engine, but I certainly don't want to suffocate it either.
Okay, rereading your response, I think that is what you're saying, is that I could modify my filter box so that I can have a round opening using PVC (think ABS is tougher) for the pipe outlet.
Thanks.
How about flexible dryer vent tubing since your looking to fabricate. I'm sure there is something out there in the industrial world to use

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
How about flexible dryer vent tubing since your looking to fabricate. I'm sure there is something out there in the industrial world to use
Thanks, that is the kind of tube going up to the scoop, but it is 8 or 9" in diameter.

·
Premium Member
1995 Chevrolet Silverado Z71 6.5 TD
152 Posts
21 - 26 of 26 Posts