Diesel Place banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where do you guys tie in the 12volt, ignition and ground wires for gauges? The ground shouldn't be too hard, but the wires are a lil short. I believe the white one would go to the brown/white for dimming purposes?????? What about the red one for igniton??? Thanks.

I would like the guage lights to come on when the lights come on but still be able to dim them if possible.

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
tear the dash bezel off and then you can pop out the headlight/dimmer switch. Then tap the brown one with the white tracer, dims your gauges perfectly with the dash lights

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
tear the dash bezel off and then you can pop out the headlight/dimmer switch. Then tap the brown one with the white tracer, dims your gauges perfectly with the dash lights
What about the red wire from the guages? Where is a good and close source?

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
I have never done autometer gauges, is there 3 wires for them?

·
Registered
16,617 Posts
You could get power at the pink ignition wire under the steering column or a fuse tap if you prefer.

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I tapped a fuse. All is working good now, thanks guys. don't have boost hooked up yet, will tackle that in daylight. These things sure are bright.

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
good deal

·
Registered
283 Posts
I tapped a fuse. All is working good now, thanks guys. don't have boost hooked up yet, will tackle that in daylight. These things sure are bright.
I'd sure like to see a picture of where you tapped in for the boost line. I'll be doing mine soon.

·
Registered
2,393 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
In the relay box under the dash there are extra spaces for relays. I put female clips on the wire and found the male ends that would supply the power. I wired the hot light wires from both gauges and found a male end that worked off of the dimmer switch and the pyro I did the same thing but on a male end that is an ignition on current. I wired all the ground wires together and used a round wire end and undid one of the 10mm bolts that hold on some metal thing I don't remember what it is but it is near the parking break release. Since I don't know what kind of power is coming out of the relay box, inline fuses are a good idea. Take your test light and poke around in the relay box until you find some male ends that have power. I didn't have to tap into any wires under my dash.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts