Diesel Place banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey y'all,

I've been doing some plumbing on my truck installing Leroy's oil cooling hoses (a total nightmare to install), and ended up with some questions for potentially unrelated parts which I could not identify.

I have a 1999 K2500 extended cab with a '97 engine where the EGR function has been disabled.

I've uploaded some pictures below.

This here picture was taken right under the driver side exhaust manifold,

It's what seems to be a connector of some sort marked with the question mark. Does this have something to do with my deleted EGR? Should I be concerned that it's not plugged into something?

Here is a closeup.

Next, I've been questioning my radiators - I have 4 in total. I've taken out the biggest radiator closest to the engine fan, and determined that it cools both antifreeze and transmission fluid.

Further on, the small radiator in that's missing in the picture below cools the engine oil, which I'm going to connect Leroy's hose kit to. But the radiators marked A and B in the picture below, what do they actually cool? Also what in the **** is the weird looking thing marked C??

Thanks for all the help fellas!

·
Administrator
18,471 Posts
That appears to be some kind of block heater in the first pic.
The 4x4 oil filter has an elbow that allows it to angle the oil filter horizontal.
The one in your pic is verticle. (4x2)
The last item is your vehicle horn

·
Registered
5,681 Posts
A is an additional transmission oil cooler in addition to the one that is built into the main radiator.

·
Premium Member
1995 Chevrolet Silverado Z71 6.5 TD
359 Posts
That appears to be some kind of block heater in the first pic.
The 4x4 oil filter has an elbow that allows it to angle the oil filter horizontal.
The one in your pic is verticle. (4x2)
The last item is your vehicle horn
shouldnt there be one cooler for the power steering HYD BRAKE unit\

·
Registered
4,233 Posts
All the "S" engine trucks I have worked on did not have the P/S cooler up front, they had the same cooler setup as a gasser, a piece of steel line inside the front of the frame.

Reactions: Dadddyoh

·
Registered
135 Posts
All the "S" engine trucks I have worked on did not have the P/S cooler up front, they had the same cooler setup as a gasser, a piece of steel line inside the front of the frame.
Not to argue but not all gassers had the steel line inside the frame. I have another 95 with a 5.7 and it is a tube and fin style like the 6.5s. There was a disscustion somewhere on one of the fourms Im on that we talked about this. I don't know if was here or over on GMT400's site.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts