Diesel Place banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys I have a 1995 6.5 td engine I've recently installed in a k5 my knowledge is limited and need a little help on which way to start I have codes 17,18,35,49 and 62 I've been told air in the fuel can throw the first 2 codes but u sure on the rest t.i.a

·
Administrator
22,331 Posts
Guys I have a 1995 6.5 td engine I've recently installed in a k5 my knowledge is limited and need a little help on which way to start I have codes 17,18,35,49 and 62 I've been told air in the fuel can throw the first 2 codes but u sure on the rest t.i.a
Start by going through all grounds first. Remove each one, clean then reinstall. Replace any that are in questionable shape. Grounds-Grounds-Grounds The importance of good grounds.....

Clear codes afterwards and see what, if any, come back

Reactions: Johnnyblazed

·
Administrator
22,331 Posts
Will give it a try shortly and is there a way of resetting the codes manually thanks again john
Unplug your batteries for 30 mins. then reconnect

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Unplug your batteries for 30 mins. then reconnect
Ive Been through all the engine grounds found the alternator wasn't charging swapped that out left the batteries off overnight and codes 17,18,49,62 are back dtc35 has disappeared but I have noticed when I start it on the odd times it revs up real nice then it develops a sort of rough running scenario and when revved it backfires or pops I'm starting to think broken wires from the install but I'm not 100%

·
Registered
1995 GMC Suburban
18,457 Posts
Air in the fuel.

·
Registered
4,850 Posts
A problem with the 5v. circuit can cause all those codes.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts