Diesel Place banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Lb7 is overheating, but not at idle. Only when I am going over 60. I have cleaned the cooling, flushed the radiator and replaced the thermostat, as well as air filter. No luck. Any ideas?

·
Administrator
16,342 Posts
Welcome to DieselPlace.
Did you clean the entire cooling stack or just the Radiator?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cleaned entire cooling stack. Used mild degreaser and used a fan type sprayer on a pressure washed.
It will get hot at about 60mph, as soon as I pull over and it goes to idle the temp drops to 180.

·
Administrator
16,342 Posts
Cleaned entire cooling stack. Used mild degreaser and used a fan type sprayer on a pressure washed.
It will get hot at about 60mph, as soon as I pull over and it goes to idle the temp drops to 180.
Tell us a little more about your truck. Year, Make, and Model and list any mods.

·
Registered
2003 Stock 2500 with LB7
31 Posts
My 03 did the same exact thing before injectors replaced, coolant flushed and thermostat(s) replaced. Temp would only get up to the first 1/4 mark. When I drove it hard it would get to the 210 mark. As soon as I'd stop it would quickly return to the first 1/4 mark. You said your truck is overheating? What temp does it reach when overheating?

·
Registered
84 Posts
So you took the front end off and separated the radiator and cleaned between all the coolers?

·
Registered
2001 Silverado 2500HD CrewCab 4x4
17 Posts
My Lb7 is overheating, but not at idle. Only when I am going over 60. I have cleaned the cooling, flushed the radiator and replaced the thermostat, as well as air filter. No luck. Any ideas?
Any updates?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts