Diesel Place banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was idling in front of my work for about 10 min, and my truck just died, like I had turned the key off. I tried to restart and it wouldnt fire off? I just got diesel at chevron the night before, and had added some diesel kleen from power service. It has been below zero for a week and my truck stays outside, but I plug it in every night. I pumped the primer on my fuel filter for about two min. and pushed it into the shop and it fired up WTF? Is my lift pump failing? Or was it water? how do I check? Was it the additive? any help would be appreciated

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Unplug the edge. They have been having problems with them. Try that, if it fixes it, call edge, they will send you a replacement.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Now it starts and idles just fine? I will unplug it if it happens again

·
Registered
334 Posts
mine did the same thing. it would die on occasion, but would start right back up. then once it died and would not restart. unplugged the edge and it fired right up. my edge was about a year and half old, and didnt start doing this until about three months ago. called them up and they said send it in for a new one. edge customer service is the best i have ever dealt with. wil

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
When it died, was the attitude blank?
Mine just did the same thing last week. I unplugged the juice and it was fine without it.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well it froze at the last numbers that were on the screen and just shut down like when you shut the truck off. I ran all night last night without problem with the edje on but I think I will call them and get a new one anyway, I was a tad bit embarasssed!!!!! glad it was not in front of a ford owner, they would run away with that.

·
Registered
834 Posts
...thanks guys. I was just about to get the Edge for my 01 Duramax...

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
...thanks guys. I was just about to get the Edge for my 01 Duramax...
Dont let this scare you, If you get a newer version they have fixed the problem. I have never had any problems with mine, I thought I did once, so I sent it back and edge replaced it free, it turned out it was my truck though.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I unplugged my juice and the truck fired right up. I also called edge and they are very helpfull. I'm sending my juice/additude in today, and they are going to upgrade and check it out for free. If anyone has the newest version, I was told that you can pay 250 and they will give you a code to get power level 6 hot juice, all you have to do is enter it into the additude. I would not think twice about buying another edge product, customer service is my top concern with buying stuff and edge does a very good job for their customers. After I plugged my stock connectors back in I have an engine code light,... anyone have this problem? It may clear itself I havent driven it yet.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks whatnot, I will just have to drive it. Im going to miss my HP though.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts