Diesel Place banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just installed heated seated in my 07.5 LMM CC yesterday, and they work great...probably as good as OEM.
The problem is I have to wire them into an accessory bus (not a Hot battery buss) and every fuse that I have checked (underhood and the panel by the driver's door) is hot. My test light shows power on every fuse with the key off. Where do I find a power source that is off with the key? I can always buy a battery isolator, but I don't think that I have to go there yet. The power lines for the heating pads have there own 10 amp fuses, so the power source doesn't have to be at the fuse box. I'm thinking that hundred's of you guys have wired extra goodies into your trucks that you don't want powered when you shut down, so what do you use???:eek::

·
Premium Member
18,116 Posts
It's not a brain fart. There aren't any. I tapped the ignition hot from the key switch to drive a 30 amp relay on all my '03 and newers.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Man...is there some great information buried in The Diesel Place. I found (doing a really intensive search) the Holy Grail. I tapped into my MidBec fusebox by my left drivers foot. C8 has two positions that I wanted. A Hot in Accessory/Run position and a Hot in Run/Start. Now the seats come on whenever I start the truck...it also works with the remote start. There's nothing like a warm ass on a cold morning:D
Many thanks to "winter200" for the link below!

http://www.gmupfitter.com/publicat/2...lectric_CK.pdf
see page B8

1 - 3 of 3 Posts