Diesel Place banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a 94 F350 turbo-diesel and I love it,now for my question,is there a difference between it and a pws for that year,because I just bought a microtuner for it and I cannot find a place to plug it into.

thanks for any and all help you folks can give me,I'm kind of a slow learner[lol] thanks in advance zackman

·
Registered
16,610 Posts
I know there is a difference between the power stroke and the non power stroke. I am pretty sure that all the tuners designed for non power stroke will not work with the older 7.3's.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Where all have you looked for the port to plug youre tunner into. I bought a super chip for my 1995 and I looked everywhere but the right place for it. Mine is on the passenger side down at the bottom of the glove box just above the hump in the floor. I looked everywhere for mine. You may want to look over there for it. Let me know if you have any luck.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I may be wasting space here but... there is a difference between a Turbo diesel and a Powerstroke diesel and if I remember correctly the first year of production for the PSD was 95' basically your talking apples and oranges aside from them both burning the same fuel. I have never been into mods so this may be crap or may be true... I dont think that the Turbo diesel computer can be or will give much benefit if it can be modified for performance as it only controls the boost for the turbo ie: when it dumps, that engine is still running a mechanical injection pump and injectors , it is an old school diesel with bigger lungs in IDI. The PSD is DI, no mechanical pump and has electric over hydraulic injectors turbo included etc..... the computer on a PSD cotrols everything from fuel delivery to timing to boost etc. I hope I got the pro dates right

·
Registered
124 Posts
Here is a Link that has some discussion and pictures.

Also the first powerstrokes 94.5 did not have the port for the controller, but if you change the harness and ECM you can use it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks to all that replied,I returned the microtuner,now I have a new question,I have to replace my exchaust system,I am going to a4" system,should I also go with a bigger crossover pipe as it is only a2.25" pipe. thank you for your input. zackman

1 - 7 of 7 Posts