Diesel Place banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a K&N filter, a 4 inch exaust, and a Bully Dog 3 stage programer.
After the exaust install, I now have an emission warning on my dash. I also have no boost most of the time. Some times the boost comes on real strong, but for the most part, the motor is dead as a stone. Any ideas?

·
Registered
167 Posts
Does your exhaust include the front pipe or is it a CAT back ? If its got the front pipe and you took out the CAT this will cause a CEL sometimes. Also there have been reports of CAT back systems setting codes.. something about less back pressure messing with the EGR sensor.
Unless you put on aftermarket or messed with the exhaust manifolds they shouldnt effect your boost, nor should the K&N, but check for exhaust leaks and leaks around your intake just in case. (if you installed an EGT sensor make sure you don't have a leak on the exhaust manifold you put it in, this will definatly lower your boost number and probably raise your EGT's)
Where are you reading the boost numbers from ? The programer or do you have a guage installed? If its a guage check for leaks in the sensor or any tubing you ran. If its reading from the programer maybe there's a problem with it.
As a side note you probably won't see much boost most of the time, boost comes on on acceleration and climbing. At idle you will have no boost and when cruising you will have very little. But when you step on the gas it will come on strong. You also won't really see numbers above 20-25 unless you have done some mods to improve boost and even then you shouldn't be past 30. I am sure more people with more knowledge then I will chime. Good lcuk, and Welcome.

·
Registered
11,311 Posts
Try to fill out your signature so that people can see what it is you're driving and assist you better.

·
Registered
262 Posts
sounds like time for a finger stick

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts