Diesel Place banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this has happened twice both times around 75 on the highway early cold mornings engine temp at 190, trans temp barely registering, oil pressure and ampmeter normal, no warning lights on just feels like it loses power for 20-30 sec then is normal , feul filter is nearly new it has a hypertech programer installed but i dont have the programer, it shuts off at 97mph still, i also installed a banks bighead with two turns past banks recomendations that didn't seem to help any, k&n filter also

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
is it dieing or is is just loseing power

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
loseing power for about 30 seconds then it comes back. usually it catches me off gaurd and i pump the accelerator pedal a few times by that time its back to normal

·
Registered
209 Posts
Are you towing? I say this because I towed with a heavy load and a 90 tune and the same thing happened. It was at about 76mph. Started decelerating and no throttle. At about 20mph, everything was normal. So I pulled over and set it to a 40 tune and haven't touched it since.

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
20-30 seconds of loss of power is not good i would have it checked out because that could be really dangerous to you and other on the road just think you are going up a speed hill and you lose power that would not be good

1 - 5 of 5 Posts