Diesel Place banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if I should do this. Dealer said he doesn't where my truck is. He told me that if he doesn't hear anything by 3/30/04 that I should bring ins infor down to him. He said that lock the deal of rebate or 0%, he also say that he has something or someway of getting me the 0% for 5years which has already ended. What do I do ?????? Now if the truck was damaged can he put a claim into my Ins, and can I still back out, Please guys you know better then me. first new car !! Only bought a new bike 10 years ago. I never seen Sh** like this and not sure how to handle it.

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
I had to do this on my truck to get all the rebates and finacing. I signed all the papers on Dec 31. The truck was at the body company still getting the body and snow plow installed. The hardest part was leaving the $10,000 deposit check. I had to make first payment before I got the truck. At least I get to write it off 2003 taxes.

·
Registered
16,971 Posts
RUN DON'T WALK, THE OTHER DIRECTION. ANYTIME DEALER WANTS TO DO SOMETHING LIKE THIS I WOULD FEEL LIKE SOMETHING WAS UP. SHADY DEALER IN MY OPINION.

·
Registered
199 Posts
I believe the dealer is on the up. Gmac is the ones financing the vehicle, for them to accept the loan you must provide insurance documentation, Heck call GMAC and ask them.

Before I left the lot with my 04 I had to prove insurance, even for the test drive.

No expected date on delivery?

Corsair

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Corsair

No Date!!! Doesn't know where the truck is. I have a friend that drives a car carrier I called him and he said give him the vin and he will fine the truck for me. he pulls his loads from the same place and he knows my dealer and the salesman. So waiting for answer tomorrow

·
Registered
199 Posts
It is hard to belive the dealer does not know where the truck is. When I ordered a superdud in 99 the dealer could tell me exactly where it was. The truck sat in a depot yard 70 miles from my house for 5 days till they could squeeze it on a transport.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Not sure of what the regs are in NY. but here you have to provide proof of insurance in order to license a vehicle. Since the dealer obtains the license, he has to have that. Also, if you are financing any vehicle, the company doing it will require proof of insurance be it GMAC, a bank or a credit union.

We closed the deal on my truck three days before it got to the dealer in order to preserve an additional rebate. However, I financed mine through a credit union and told the dealer he would get the check when I picked up the truck. So I wasn't worried about making payments on a truck I didn't have, nor claims on my insurance.

So while I don't find it unusual that he wants your insurance info in order to close the deal, I find it very unusual that he doesn't know where it's at.....

My advice would be; Don't do anything that makes you feel uneasy. If you are not confident in your dealer's honesty, you may be better off dropping the whole thing.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
After 9 weeks of waiting, Cap is in and all this crap sitting in my living room for 4 weeks. I spoke with my car carrier friend again tonight and he told me that this salesman did this before too another guy he knows. So this is how I feel, tomorrow, my salesman has a choice show me the truck or give me back my money. Not playing his game anymore. i know the truck is damaged I can feel it. Now the big question is if he shows me a damaged truck ( quarter panels) do i make a better deal or leave it??? Help I need feedback

PS Salesman is not asking for proof of insurance he wants policy # and phone # so he can add the truck to policy if he has too. NFW I'm sure you understand that. Edited by: Leatherman

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Why would it be shady deal? I bought 8 trucks form my dealer over the years. my father bought from them. my grand mother bought a nash metoplitan years ago. you have to have it in you name to get the incentive/finacing. It cant be in you name if it not insured.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Your dealer can't add the truck to your policy, only you can. They are not authorized and I would recommend you contact your insurance company and specifically instruct them to contact you if someone does try to add a VIN to your policy. If you're financing with GMAC, the dealer may need info to submit the credit application to lock in rebates. If you're nervous that the truck was damaged, spend $100 and have it professionally inspected prior to signing for final delivery.

BTW, proof of insurance is the policy and phone numbers.

·
Registered
148 Posts
When I bought my truck the salesmen called my insurance company and gave them all the info they needed over the phone with me sitting in his office. He even gave them the info on my old truck so it could be taken off the policy. He then handed me the phone to talk to the insurance company to authorize everything. While I was doing this the salesmen was faxing them the sticker for any discounts that the insurance company gives. It just made everything easier for me.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I had to jump through similar hoops here in NJ (land of the insurance Nazis). My agent, surprisingly, didn't have a problem with it and actually treated the situation as a normal affair. He did tell me to not take "official possession" of the truck if there was any damage upon arrival implying, to me, that even though they were providing proof of insurance, they did not feel that they and, therfore myself, could be legally held liable for damages until I drove it off of the lot... I would ask your insurance company...

-Mike

·
Registered
29 Posts
Let me guess...

You signed all the paperwork for the truck to get the 0% GMAC financing before it ended Mar. 2 using just the VIN of the truck..

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
As of right now I didn't sign anything!!! But not going with 0% I'm going with the rebate. Gave dealer infor for ins. Had no choice if I wanted the rebate. The truck was held over in Ohio for 10 days for some strange reason. Howard found it!! Dealer still doesn't know where it is, I find that kinda funny. I was at the dealer tonight and he told me that he's playing GM's game to see what happens in April with all the rebates. So now I just have to wait and see. I guess I have to trust the dealer on this one, from what I can see he looks to be honest. I have a friend that drives a car carrier and works in NJ where all cars & truck come in from the train and he couldn't find it either, but Howard found it. He's the best only took him 20 mins to call me back with the location of the truck.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Do you know if the truck has left Ohio? or any projection when you will get the truck?

Corsair

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I am waiting for an email from Howard

1 - 16 of 16 Posts