Diesel Place banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let me start by saying hello to all, I am new here.I have GMC 05 2500 hd 6.6 lly reg cab 8'box 4x4 bone stock.looking for any advise on uping horse power safely. Had edge in mind be nice to stay under a grand.I use my truck for picking up lumber for work, I tow my boat maybe dozen times a year not far 10 miles to ramp not that it really has any problem getting the job done.I would like to get rid of trying to find power by feathering gas peddle if to much she dont pull if to little she dont pull. I have concerns of the life of my truck,and warranty.Ive read alot of everybody similar questions but it seems it is importent to no what u r doing with the truck.I would like to eat up some of the common cars and trucks friends and strangers have in my neighborhood and blow off some jurks on the highway.which brings me to the question does the edge allow the truck to top speeds of 100 mph.:thanks:

·
Registered
234 Posts
It would if there were not a governor on our trucks. With the Edge you cannot remove the governor.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the reply. I wunder what steps it would take to remove that govnernor

·
Registered
5,112 Posts
Welcome aboard, I'm moving this to the LLY Electronics forum. There is a lot of info on Edge and other programmers in here. Keep in mind if you start adding power you need to upgrade exhaust to compensate for the high EGT's you will get.

the only way to remove the speed limiter is with Hypertech, Predator and a few others. Edge does not touch the speed limiter.

Good Luck and enjoy the site. See the FAQ link in my sig for answers to lots of other questions you may have.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
would it be bad to leave stock exhaust with the edge, because I do like that the truck is quiet.

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
thanks for the reply. I wunder what steps it would take to remove that govnernor
You can start impeachment proceedings....
:muahaha:

·
Registered
13,596 Posts
Put 35in tall tires,Edge says my truck does 110mph,stock speedo quits at 95mph.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts