Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, my truck is dead in the water and I am Fuming!!! Have had the Juice attitude for a little less than a week now and it has been giving me the starting problems as many others have had. but now my truck will not start at all!! I unplugged the juice and plugged in the factory connectors so it was back to stock, still no start. so then i plugged in the juice again, still no start. I tried waiting 15 seconds, opening the door, etc. etc. still it just cranks away. I am smokin!!!!! what am i gonna do? I was lucky my truck was in the driveway and i was home, what if i wasnt? I would be stuck with no way to get home!!! Someone please help me!!!! -Jeff Edited by: wsucowboy

·
Banned
6,539 Posts
Wonder if your alarm might have something to do with it?

No SES light?

Check fuel filter?Edited by: hoot

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
not the alarm, its the classic "crank like it has no fuel" that the edge does. The SES light has come on. What should i check on the fuel filter?

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
oh and another thing it did earlier today, it started after the third try, and then i proceeded down the road and as soon as i stepped on the throttle the rpm's went down to 0 then back to 1000 then down to 0, back and forth back and forth until i let off the throttle, i pulled over, killed it, started it back up, after the 3rd try again, and it did the 0-1000-0 thing again. i pulled over again and killed it, this time it started on the 2nd try and it no longer did the 0-1000-0 thing. I am getting pretty fed-up!! -Jeff

·
Registered
6,210 Posts
wsucowboy said:
oh and another thing it did earlier today, it started after the third try, and then i proceeded down the road and as soon as i stepped on the throttle the rpm's went down to 0 then back to 1000 then down to 0, back and forth back and forth until i let off the throttle, i pulled over, killed it, started it back up, after the 3rd try again, and it did the 0-1000-0 thing again. i pulled over again and killed it, this time it started on the 2nd try and it no longer did the 0-1000-0 thing. I am getting pretty fed-up!! -Jeff

I assume that all happened with the Edge hooked up?

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ya, this happened on my way to class this morning, juice was hooked up and after it stopped the 0-1000-0 thing it was just as strong as ever black smoke all the way to class. on the way home from class I had to try and start it 3 times before it would start.

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
WTF Now it starts!!!! Where do i send this POS to get it fixed??? and do i have to go buy new shrinktube for the Pyro leads? or do i get new stuff when i get it back? oh and do i also have to send in the attitude monitor? I hope not because it is in kind of a permanent location.

·
Registered
16,610 Posts
easy there. There is a 99.999999999% that it is your remote start passlock security system bypass. That will behave exactly as you describe. It will crank and crank but not start. Walk away for 30 mins and come back and it will fire right up. It is not the juice. Remember, you removed the juice and it still wouldn't start.

You have an astroflex remote start, do you know what kind of passlock bypass was used?

·
Vendor
9,676 Posts
It also should set a code for this IIRC.

Keep in mind, the Juice is NOT the only thing that can cause no starts. Could be air, injectors, VTD fuel disable...

·
Registered
6,210 Posts
wsucowboy said:
ya, this happened on my way to class this morning, juice was hooked up and after it stopped the 0-1000-0 thing it was just as strong as ever black smoke all the way to class. on the way home from class I had to try and start it 3 times before it would start.

You are not alone. I have experienced the same thing. Process of elimination led me to the Edge. But had to turn off lots of other stuff and wait for the problem to return. Seems more prevalent when the weather turns hot.

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
One thing to check is the connections where you plug the Juice into on the engine. The pins in the plugs bend easy and will push out of the back of the connector sometimes. Remove the wire plugs and take a flash light and look at the pins, checking for bent ones and see that they all sticking out the same amount. If any are pushed back reach in with a small set of pliers and gently pull towards the end of the connector to reseat them.

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i just got back from driving it and all is well, although that might not be the case when i go to try and start it next time. As far as the Passlock goes how do i find out if that is the problem? and if it is how do i fix it? I had a 4.71 juice box awhile back before I got the passlock put in and it use to do the same thing (no start). one time it wouldnt let me start it even after the thing was back to stock. the passlock NEVER gave me any issues until i put in the juice. -Jeff

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Max Power said:
You have an astroflex remote start, do you know what kind of passlock bypass was used?

I am not sure but i can go find out pretty easily. But i really dont think thats what it is. I had the remote start for about 3 months before i finally got around to getting the passlock put it, on a couple occasions i accidentally hit the start button and it did the cranking thing, but this just seems different. -Jeff

·
Registered
10,516 Posts
15 pumps of the primer ....starts right up for me...inconvenient but the price of power

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I will give that a shot Juice! good talkin to ya! thanks all -Jeff Edited by: wsucowboy

·
Registered
16,610 Posts
wsucowboy said:
Max Power said:

I am not sure but i can go find out pretty easily. But i really dont think thats what it is. I had the remote start for about 3 months before i finally got around to getting the passlock put it, on a couple occasions i accidentally hit the start button and it did the cranking thing, but this just seems different. -Jeff

I've seen them act up years down the road.

Get accustomed to how your security light behaves under normal cirmcumstances. Then next time it acts up pay close attention to the security light. For some reason they don't flash like they do in other gm vehicles when they act up. But there is different behavior. Because you completly disconnected the juice and still had problem, that leads me to believe that the juice is not the problem unless there are pins bent like kennedy mentioned earlier. Not likely the case since the problem 'fixed itself'. If it were me, I would disconnet the passlock bypass to see if that is the problem or not. It's not really a do it yourself project though.

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
is there a way to fix the passlock if thats what it is??

·
Registered
16,610 Posts

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Pullman Wa. (south east corner of washington), I think I can do it myself, I am pretty handy with a soldering iron and some dikes.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts