Diesel Place banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed a BD PMT in my truck tonight and it threw and error 362 durring the download n the truck wont start... Please help tried reflashing with EFI but i am getting a battery volt to high or too low error. Any ideas thnaks in a major bind I need the truck tomorrow badly.

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
It wont let you reboot the reflash session? Does anything come on the screen when you plug it back in again?

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
comes back on get stuck in the same spot. I pulled the three fuses i was supposed to ids there something else i am missing?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Do you have a satillite radio or any other accessory plugged in. I had the same thing happen to my truck. It was the satillite radio.Unplug every thing that is not factory.

·
Registered
191 Posts
This may not help, but i had a similar prob, I had to plug it into a usb cord and update it eventhough it was new, by downloading the bd update agent

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ill try but it says its up to date

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
Did you leave all the fuses out. Your problem is the ignition coil but that really dosent narrow it down. Car charger or anything elso plugged in?

Just look at the version you have...........

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
cell charger was plugged in version was 1.0.1.1

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
Just for the heck of it try unplugging the charger. I have seen this before.....

That version is the newest

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Tried that and same error

·
Registered
891 Posts
try taking the battery cables off for like 10 min then put them back on?

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thats what bullydog said and if it doesnt work I they will build me a recovery file. Thanks for all the ideas and help.

·
Registered
509 Posts
did bully dog ever have any idea why the screen was shutting off when it got to the screen after pulling the fuses that says to turn off the key? Now that I thought about it some more it used to make me push a button after it was off then would come back up and say turn key to run position.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
PMT killed my PCM they are overnightinn one... wow i thought EFI was the only that could kill it??

·
Registered
509 Posts
Thats kinda what I thought, but I gota give em credit for having good customer service and overnighting a ecm. hey on side note i was thinking about it a bit ago and wanted to tell you that Totally Offroad is closed on saturdays so you didn't make a trip down there for nothin

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
Nope, anything and everything can fry you ECM, including all canned tunes and custum flashing tuners. Anything that alters the stock tune will interfere and "may" fry it.

You just hear of the guys with EFI live messing around a little too much and frying it......:D

Always a good idea to keep and extra ecm with the stock tune in it on the shelf and buy another just in case.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
You live you learn I guess but its nice to deal with great customer service guys when **** happens.

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
You live you learn I guess but its nice to deal with great customer service guys when **** happens.

That is definately a positive thing when dealing with this. Although I dont have Bullydog anymore, I really thought that they had pretty good assistance when I needed it.

Everything runnin good now?

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
got new ecm truck still wont start tried passkey relearn still nothing...

·
Registered
193 Posts
sorry to be the bearer of bad news bud

got new ecm truck still wont start tried passkey relearn still nothing...
hey just got off the phone with bently and according to the codes he gave me you are s.o.l as long as no fuses got left out or blown and no wiring or pins are damged your "new" great cust assistance ecm is junk.
unfortunatly i cant do much for ya now but if you havent got it figured out by monday i may have a pcm that i can help you out with. youd have to get the truck to me though.

mike

1 - 20 of 20 Posts