Diesel Place banner
61 - 76 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
7,597 Posts
If you find a non OEM crank sensor that works great let us know. The 6.5 is notorious for causing all kinds of problems with the off brand sensors. Evidently the 6.5 ECM has trouble recognizing the signal and creates havoc No one here has used an oscilloscope to verify what is going on with these sensors. I suspect some evil conspiracy in the part but I don't have the time to investigate the problem. I may have been the one here that discovered this issue years ago...

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Perhaps you would like to explain this quote. Quite vulgar for a reputable shop, So tag your it!
It reads very clearly and isn't vulgar. Your opinion wasn't welcome, you knew nothing about this conversation, and now you are aware of our displeasure.

In this case all that matters is the OP gets the help he needs and we apologized for the mistake so he can proceed with the correct information.

·
Administrator
22,706 Posts
It reads very clearly and isn't vulgar. Your opinion wasn't welcome, you knew nothing about this conversation, and now you are aware of our displeasure.

In this case all that matters is the OP gets the help he needs and we apologized for the mistake so he can proceed with the correct information.
Nice to see you are still on your high horse, never make mistakes, and still don't have the cahones to tag us.
While the response you posted above was distasteful and unprofessional on your part, the member in question did receive some misinformation from you or your representing tech as you mentioned.
You did come in here and clarify the information but the comments towards DieselPro were unwarranted and unnecessary. Leave out the personal disagreement .
You can agree to disagree by private conversation.

·
Registered
95 chevy k1500 silverado
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #64 ·
I know it's been a minute.. but finally thanks to the snail mail I got my all cable today.

But this issue is with the cps plugged in I can't get the truck.to.run long enough to do a TDC relearn unless my high idle switch is on.
But when I unplug the cps the truck will run fine then I plug the cps in clear the code then do the relearn and while it's doing the relearn it white smokes and dies before it can finish ....any ideas what to.try?

·
Registered
95 chevy k1500 silverado
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #65 ·
So I turned my pump.to.the drivers side and the idle smothed out but here is what I have after the relearn
Netbook Rectangle Hood Tints and shades Glass

I tried moving the pump more but the tdco staye at -2.02 . Any movement to the passenger side and the truck will not idle and has white smoke like crazy

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Can you scanner to "Time Set" mode? Essentially that puts the stepper motor at 0* commanded then you move the pump around until Actual Timing (ACT) reads 3.5*. If you can't get it to 3.5* then there's no point in doing TDCO learn because you aren't in range to complete the process. Saves some headache when you can't get it out of the DTC 88 error to see what the computer is seeing via this process.

·
Registered
95 chevy k1500 silverado
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #68 ·
So I got the pump as close to +3.5 as possible. While in time set the reading is pretty erattic. The problem is I can't keep it running unless my high idle switch is on (1060 I believe). So when I do the relearn while in high idle the tdco jumps around and ended around + .86.
With lots of white smoke and still won't idle.
So I bummed the pump allitle to close to + 5
Same situation with the high idle and after relearn tdco was -1.94 but still smoke (not as much) but still won't idle. I have tried my ntk cps and standard motor cps. For the life of me I cannot find an acdelco ( haven't called the stealership yet) could this be the issue ..or is my new pump trash.

On a side note if I advance pump to like 10 in time set mode it starts great and runs great with no advanced rattle. But tdco is -2.02 or more cause it doesn't fluctuate.

I'm considering putting my old pump.back on just to see if it was my cps all.along ....or just if the dang thing will time right.

·
Ronald Reagan fan
5,314 Posts
I prefer acdelco crankshaft sensors as well but seems they are non existent nowadays.

·
Registered
95 chevy k1500 silverado
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #70 ·
So I'm just all out confused at this point
Finally truck will run and idle without high idle switch on.

What has happened is I had the pump around 4.5 to 3.5 and did a relearn and got a tdco of -1.06 but truck would still not idle . So i turned the the pump advanced (to drivers side) to and average of 8.6 on actual. I DID NOT redo a tdco relearn so tdco is still -1.06 and truck is running and idling fine ...only issue is some what harder starting but it was probably its 50th start today so batteries might be getting week. But I'm afraid if I do a relearn again the tdco will go past -2.02 and I will get code 88 again.

I'm going to let it cool and see how it starts and see what happens I guess. But I still really don't have any answers to anything at this point....

·
Ronald Reagan fan
5,314 Posts
Any update hammy?

When I checked TDC offset on my 96 with autoenginuity it was at -.52.Starts and operates fine for me.I believe -.52 is within GM specification.

Reactions: OkDually

·
Registered
95 chevy k1500 silverado
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #72 ·
Well after alot of failed attempts I decided to just put the old pump back in. Took me about an hour and a half.

So I put the old pump back exactly how it was before I took it out . Bleed the air and truck started way better than it ever did with the "new" pump .
Then i put the ntk cps back in due to the standard motor one was not reading anything.
Truck starts fine and I had to adjust the pump just alittle from where it was I have tdco around -.97.

All seems well, no codes. The only issue now it's I have a slight haze of white while driving. This along with white smoke on start up (more than normal) makes me think one of my also "new" injectors might be bad ...or I knocked something loose when messing with the pump . And one of the injectors keeps popping off the return line. Is this also a symptom of bad injector, or plugged return line somewhere?

All in all the thing runs fine now like I said other that the white haze . Wich leaves me not wanting to drive it still..

·
Ronald Reagan fan
5,314 Posts
Glad to hear it’s running better with the old pump👍I’ve never seen these injectors cause a return hose to pop off.I might have overlooked it in this thread whether or not if you replaced the injector return hoses?

Did you replace the injectors in your truck at some point?I reread this thread but don’t see any mention of it unless I again skipped over it.

·
Registered
95 chevy k1500 silverado
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #74 ·
Glad to hear it’s running better with the old pump👍I’ve never seen these injectors cause a return hose to pop off.I might have overlooked it in this thread whether or not if you replaced the injector return hoses?

Did you replace the injectors in your truck at some point?I reread this thread but don’t see any mention of it unless I again skipped over it.
I guess long story short . I replaced headgaskets and reringed. And in doing so yes I replaced the injectors because of not knowing their age(I bout truck with blown head gasket) after rebuild everything was good for 300 miles until this injection pump fiasco.
The injectors were the (marine) from accurate diesel. I don't think the are Bosch though and I did do new return lines , the push on kinds. It's only coming off the one injector . Could just be a bad piece of line I guess.

·
Ronald Reagan fan
5,314 Posts
Yes that could be possible.Accurate does sell great products.They are definitely good to deal with.

·
Registered
7,597 Posts
You need to junk the "marine" injectors and the pump as you well know now they are inferior products. One thing that will pop a return line off is an injector that has one of the two holes plugged up. In all the cases I have seen this is on Chineeseum Injectors. The holes where not drilled all the way through. Since the fuel has to return out these holes pressure can build up and then the hose blows off. Marine injectors are really bad performers. Very poor atomization. New Delphi or Bosch will out perform them. Almost ALL marine injectors are China made because they are cheap.

61 - 76 of 76 Posts