1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Administrator
26,912 Posts
I would address code 19 first. Use an AC/Delco replacement part

·
Administrator
26,912 Posts
So just an update. The guys from Quadstar got back with me and said the my 5288 and 5521 aren't interchangeable. He said my truck should of never had a 5288.

But right now I've got a different problem as in like [COLOR=rgb(49, 130, 233)][B][SIZE=4]dieselolds[/SIZE][/B][/COLOR] said the cps can be difficult to remove...mine was. Well still is rather I'm currently in the process of pulling the timing cover to get the old one out.
So we will see when I get off work today if I can get it out.
Here is the IP application chart to show info on the 5288 and 5521 pump and model year it went to on pg 4 and pg 5
https://www.dieselplace.com/forum/a...s-master-list-information-6-5-answers-119.pdf

Removal tips for the CPS: Replacing the crankshaft position sensor

Reactions: dieselolds

·
Administrator
26,912 Posts
Thank you!
I tried the flat bar trick on the cps with no luck as my screws kept striping out ....other than I haven't tried to pull the power steering pump to get better acess yet ....I found some longer screws today that I might try before I completely pull the timing cover. I will probably try moving the power steering pump and giving it one more go before I completely give in.

Thanks for info again!!
(y)

·
Administrator
26,912 Posts
Well i got everything back together. Now the truck is very hard starting and when it does start it usually dies right away. I was able to get it to idle but it was white smoke like crazy out the tail pipe. Is my timing off? Is the pump junk? Any one have any ideas?

Also I know some one mentioned the koko procedure. Will that work on obd1?
KOKO procedure is for OBD2 only.
I would grab the correct timing software and verify TDCO

Reactions: Hammy229

·
Administrator
26,912 Posts
It’s a “noise” reducer supposedly made to reduce electronic interference between the IP and the computer. I have driven over a 100,000 miles without it and never had a issue
For reference, this is what the filter looks like.
Automotive tire Automotive exterior Bumper Motor vehicle Gas

If you follow the wires from the top of the Optical Sensor down you'll see the filter ( if equipped. It may have been removed already by a previous owner or never had it.)
If you find it then disconnect it from the harness and make sure everything else is plugged back in. Then throw away the filter. It is well know to cause performance issues

·
Administrator
26,912 Posts
Well I'm still weirded out. I unplugged the extention harness to the optical sensor and the the truck.would rum but not idle ....so I unplugged the cps and truck started and is currently idling great. So I plugged the cps back in and no change in idel ....only thing is I still have delayed throttle when in gear ....its better than before...and it startes to build rpm but it is very delayed......im going on a quick test drive in hopes I can make it home to see how it acts .
Only code now is dtc 19 from.me unplugging the cps then plugging it back in
I would change out that CPS ( AC/Delco brand)

·
Administrator
26,912 Posts
You may have to order it online. Try searching eBay for NOS CPS

·
Administrator
26,912 Posts
You might also check Rock Auto for the OEM starter bolts (y)

Reactions: Hammy229

·
Administrator
26,912 Posts
It reads very clearly and isn't vulgar. Your opinion wasn't welcome, you knew nothing about this conversation, and now you are aware of our displeasure.

In this case all that matters is the OP gets the help he needs and we apologized for the mistake so he can proceed with the correct information.
Nice to see you are still on your high horse, never make mistakes, and still don't have the cahones to tag us.
While the response you posted above was distasteful and unprofessional on your part, the member in question did receive some misinformation from you or your representing tech as you mentioned.
You did come in here and clarify the information but the comments towards DieselPro were unwarranted and unnecessary. Leave out the personal disagreement .
You can agree to disagree by private conversation.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts