Diesel Place banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
sometimes on start up i will get "batteries not charging" message. just started with that. about a week ago my fuel gauge was off by a 1/4 tank. for example i would fill it up and the needle would go past the "F" and i would run out of diesel at 1/4. after that my temp gauge started the same thing. now normal operation is almost 3/4. when i turn the ignition off it wont go all the way down to cold. today i noticed that the tranny temp started doing the same thing. what can that be? it seems like my whole dash is not working properly except for the MPH those i checked with another vehicle going the same speed.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
found a temporary fix. i unplugged the cluster and it fixes the problem for a little bit. but after like a day or so it will start messin up.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Common problem, the stepper motors are going bad... I had the same thing with the fuel gauge- I fixed it myself by buying the stepper motors off of ebay- took 15 mins and it works like a champ now! I bought all 7 little motors as they are the problem-

1 - 3 of 3 Posts