Diesel Place banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2001 2500HD LB7, I have been to the dealer and we have been unable to pinpoint my steering problem. At different speeds most between 25 and 35mph, my steering wheel will shake back and forth as do my tires(may do this for 50 feet or so), also when turning at low speeds my steering will miss a beat, almost like hitting a patch of ice. This may happen twice in a day or not at all. Any one have any similar cases, thanks in advance.

·
Registered
4,116 Posts
Did you check the lug nuts, bend a wheel hitting something, drive in heavy snow that may have settled to the inside bottom of the wheel where it froze? Frozen snow or ice would throw off the balance alot.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I had a problem like that on a ford 4x4 quite a few years ago. The mechanic finally found out it was the steering stabilizer that was bad.:)

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Sounds like the steering gear is going out.

·
Registered
6,571 Posts
I Had an old GMC 1974 model, that had bad ball joints that would shake the tires, if you looked at it from the front when it did it, it looked like they were wavy. Just a thought.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I just cracked a hub and had similiar symptoms. Everything would shake then would stop after certain speeds.
($195.00 for hub assembly w/sensor) NAPA
(70.00) for install

Just an idea

1 - 6 of 6 Posts