Diesel Place banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you with the Hellwig rear swaybar;

Does anyone have some pictures available?

There was a post many moons ago about interference
with airbags. How 'bout any interference with
an extended diff cover like the MAG-HyTec
cover?

Thanks for any insight!

T.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hi, I just put a Hellwig rear anti-sway bar on my 2004 Chevy 2500HD a couple of day ago. I don't have air bags yet (they are ordered), but there is no way the sway bar is going to interfer -- the bar is below the rear axle, and not anywhere near where the bags will mount.

The bar would probably interfer with an extended differential cover, as it is pretty close to the stock cover (maybe an average of 1/2" away).

The Hellwig bar is custom designed for my truck, that is for sure. Clearances are all tight at several spots, but it went right on without any problem. Their directions were very good, even telling me things like to reverse the lower shock bolt on the driver's side shock. Edited by: big-dog1

·
Registered
45 Posts
big-dog1,

can you comment on how the rear anti-sway bar helped/changed handling? Also, if you dont mind, where did you get it and how much?

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Denial said:
big-dog1,

can you comment on how the rear anti-sway bar helped/changed handling? Also, if you dont mind, where did you get it and how much?
I just received mine today so I can't comment on
the handling yet, but I purchased mine from
SummitRacing and it was $155.14 total to my door...

Hopefully it won't interfere with the MAG-Hytec
rear cover. I'll take some pictures & post back
when it's "done"....

thanks,

T.

·
Registered
16 Posts
No problems installing the Hellwig swaybar with the Airlift bags.

It's a tight fit around the bottom shock mounts. Be sure to get it on tight and use some locktight. The "U" bolt clamps will slip and make a weird sound on the diff housing when you go over sidewalk curbs going into the driveway if its not tight. The vertical bars bolt to a make shift clamp that clamps to the frame. The wax crap thats on the frame makes it hard to tighten. Check those on your frist couple of roadtrips. I had one come loose.

It helped control the sway when I haul my Lance camper.

The Hellwig bar will not fit with the Mag-Hytec diff cover. You will have to mod the diff mounts.Edited by: GMCsteve

1 - 5 of 5 Posts