Diesel Place banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wanted to say hello and let everyone know how helpful this site is. I am new to a diesel. I traded up from a 2002 2500HD with the 8.1. Wow, what a diffence in towing (and mileage). The 8.1 did fairly well with power/towing but nothing like this diesel. I have pulled the camp trailer on a couple of short trips and it is amazing how well it does without all the downshifting to go up hills. I am really getting the bug to get out since it has been 60 degrees for 3 days in a row now. Thanks again for all of the help with things like the fuel filter changes and what oil to use and so forth.

·
Registered
6,097 Posts
:welcome: to the Place! Glad you like it here!

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
:welcome: from Florida.
Good to have you in the brother (and sister)hood. When you get a chance, how 'bout some pics in your "Garage" because....

:nopics:​

·
Registered
682 Posts
Greetings.....What a beautiful state full of really great people. I loved my stay at Malmstrom AFB back in the early seventies. Enjoy your diesel. Is the speed limit still reasonable and prudent??

·
Registered
235 Posts
Hey Partner,

Welcome, welcome.

I was born in Corvallis and my wife and I still hunt antelope near Melstone and mule deer out of Jordan. We love the fine folks of Montana.

You'll enjoy DieselPlace.

Steve

·
Registered
31,525 Posts
Welcome :) Montana still has some of the best fishing in the north west, enjoy.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Welcome neighbor. Hasn't been 60 here.
Steve

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Unfortunately we were forced by the Feds to set the speed limit to 75 or loose all of our highway tax dollars. In my younger days I would have said 75 was to slow but as I get older I think 75 is just about right. Most people can't handle that so I think we are safer this way.

·
Registered
6,361 Posts
:welcome2: :bounce: to the site, I had an 02 Chevy HD gasser with the 6.0L it could pull a house but was a pig on mpg. Glad you like the Duramax a big difference

1 - 9 of 9 Posts