Diesel Place banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
What ought I do with the transfer case? Get a 10-lug drivers-side drop solid front axle somewhere and turn this into into a 4x4? I'd need to find a 4wd tailshaft for my nv4500 or go with that 4l80e. Ugh, decisions.

·
Administrator
16,007 Posts
What ought I do with the transfer case? Get a 10-lug drivers-side drop solid front axle somewhere and turn this into into a 4x4? I'd need to find a 4wd tailshaft for my nv4500 or go with that 4l80e. Ugh, decisions.
Freshen the T case up and put it on a shelf for a future project

Reactions: Trios

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Holy crap. Turns out it's a Navistar.

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Both old and new engines have a single t-stat setup. The old motor has a restrictor in the bypass line; I thought this was only needed for dual stat setups.

Should I move this over to the new motor?

Also, found the cause of death of old motor (beyond crank failure): oil in water. Loooots of oil in the rad and overflow tank.

·
Administrator
16,007 Posts
Both old and new engines have a single t-stat setup. The old motor has a restrictor in the bypass line; I thought this was only needed for dual stat setups.

Should I move this over to the new motor?

Also, found the cause of death of old motor (beyond crank failure): oil in water. Loooots of oil in the rad and overflow tank.
Yes, move it over

·
Registered
1995 GMC Suburban
17,804 Posts
Hopefully you did not pay too much for this truck?

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #27

·
Ex- 6BT Square Body Man
9,743 Posts
Nice score, a buddy of mine is giving me a 98 K3500. He just called and said the piles of dirt that were blocking it have been moved so I can swing by and get it.

Reactions: JMJNet and OkDually
21 - 28 of 28 Posts