Diesel Place banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a favor to ask anyone who has this setup. Need to know what the height is to the top of the box. I want to lift my truck, but I have to be able to still load atvs onto it as it is a work truck. Basically I have a deck that sits on top of my box that fits 2 ATv's. If the truck is too high, the ramps get a little steep, and it could get hairy...:eek: If someone could get me the height, i could compare it to stock, and decide if i should maybe just go 4". Thanks in advance

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
if you have driveway that has an incline you can back your truck up tell ou get to the drive way and use the incline to make it less steep

·
Registered
274 Posts
5' 2" At the middle of the wheel.

Let me know how it turns out.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I just went out to my truck and did some mesurements, you can see below what kind of lift and tires:

With the tailgate down 3'4"
Side of the bed down 5'
Over all hight of truck 6'10"
Middle of hitch down 2'1"

Hope this helps, Ian

·
Registered
54 Posts
This is the lift and tire combo i have. It is pretty steep without a curb, but it still works.

The ramps are a must.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks a lot everybody. Unfortunately, a curb isn't always available where I work. Most days im in the middle of the wilderness in Northern Alberta. I'll post pics of my current Truck, and what I mean by "Middle of Nowhere" tomorrow, so everyone has an Idea what im talking about. Thanks again.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The Pics

Attachments

·
Registered
38 Posts
I think that you would have a hard time getting those toys up on a lifted truck unless that tray thing comes back and lowers alot. I have seen thouse on trucks before, how do they work?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The deck itself is bolted to the box, and sits on top of it. Underneath its open, which is where I keep most of my gear for work. It doesnt tilt or lower at all, I have ramps underneath that I drive the ATV's up on. I think the ford right now isn't a whole lot lower than 5'2". Have to measure it I guess. Gettin' paid to cruise through the mountains on them isn't too bad a job though:D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts